Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Alan Aya

iR7095 error E197-0000

Good day everyone,
    Came across this problem yesterday evening, iR7095 giving E197-0000, it is a intemittent error. After clearing the code, the machine can run about 200 copies and is giving the same error. What could be the cause?Advice needed.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    iR7095 error E197-0000

There are couple of things that can cause this E197-

The registration bias lead may come loose and cause the error code E197 to appear during boot up.
    1) Pull the seperation / transfer corona unit out.
    2) Inspect the bias cable located to the right of the sep/trans assembly holder in the rear of the transport assembly.
    3) Tighten and adjust tube if needed as outlined in TP06 121 confirm there is no short between the screw and cable.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found the fuser bias tab shorted to the fixing frame assembly due to a broken heater holder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The E197 can be cause by a pinched wire between the Video PCB and the Relay PCB. Check the wiring and cut wire ties coming from connector J1405 on the Video PCB.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The E197 error code was caused by a shorting of the Upper Fuser Roller to the Fixing assembly frame. The point of contact between the Fixing frame and the Upper Fuser Roller was a bent Upper Roller Bearing retaining L bracket. Replacement of the Fixing assembly or a reforming of the Fixing frame L bracket will correct the issue.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Alan Aya
    Thank you for the reply Screwtape,
    Solve the problem by replacing the upper heater roller, after replaced the roller, printed about 8K copies and the error code didn't show up again. Thanks again Screwtape.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    There are couple of things that can cause this E197-

The registration bias lead may come loose and cause the error code E197 to appear during boot up.
    1) Pull the seperation / transfer corona unit out.
    2) Inspect the bias cable located to the right of the sep/trans assembly holder in the rear of the transport assembly.
    3) Tighten and adjust tube if needed as outlined in TP06 121 confirm there is no short between the screw and cable.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found the fuser bias tab shorted to the fixing frame assembly due to a broken heater holder

The E197 can be cause by a pinched wire between the Video PCB and the Relay PCB. Check the wiring and cut wire ties coming from connector J1405 on the Video PCB.

The E197 error code was caused by a shorting of the Upper Fuser Roller to the Fixing assembly frame. The point of contact between the Fixing frame and the Upper Fuser Roller was a bent Upper Roller Bearing retaining L bracket. Replacement of the Fixing assembly or a reforming of the Fixing frame L bracket will correct the issue.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    iR7095 error E197-0000

No problem.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Re: iR7095 error E197-0000

thanks ,same problem . upper fuser roller replace done

sachint_in

Quote Originally Posted by igorbirokip View Post
    thanks ,same problem . upper fuser roller replace done
    error E197-000 comes after changing upper heat roller and E00069-00 after 50-100 copies i am very frustrated e-179-000 and e000069-00 please help me. thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR7095 error E197-0000

Quote Originally Posted by sachint_in View Post
    error E197-000 comes after changing upper heat roller and E00069-00 after 50-100 copies i am very frustrated e-179-000 and e000069-00 please help me. thanks
    check to make sure that the orientation of the fixing bushings and bearings are in it's correct position. click on pic better viewmanual had wrong procedure

E197 can be cause by a pinched wire between the Video PCB and the Relay PCB. Check the wiring and cut wire ties coming from connector J1405 on the Video PCB. The part number for the harness is FM2-5427-000.

check if the fuser bias tab is shorted to the fixing frame assembly due to a broken heater holder.
    FB5-6944-000 (Holder, Heater)
    FB5-6951-000 (Terminal, Bias)

E069 can be caused by a faulty 10K Ohm resistor located in the Transfer Corona HVT Cable.

An Ohm check of the Transfer Corona HVT cable should result in a 10K +/-5% Ohm value, if over limit value or Ohm value outside of +/-5% is is read by meter then resistor has failed. Replacement of Drum Duct HV Connector Assembly (found in figure 106 of the imageRUNNER 7105 Parts Catalog) may resolve the E069 code.
    Location of 10K Ohm is shown below. click pic better view
    Attached Images Attached Images
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

btolbert

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Aya View Post
    Good day everyone,
    Came across this problem yesterday evening, iR7095 giving E197-0000, it is a intemittent error. After clearing the code, the machine can run about 200 copies and is giving the same error. What could be the cause?Advice needed.
    I just happened to come across this same error code last week. Contacted Canon and they told me that it usually is associated with the fuser. I did just rebuilt the fuser but all the components properly placed. I did notice some corrosion on the transfer separation assembly rear contact tab. I scrubbed it off with a scratch pad and the error code did not return. I did order a new transfer separation assembly. There was no mention of this fix with Canon or the in the General Knowledge Base.

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar

A small bump to see if anyone has came across this on an Advanced IRADV80xx series machine?
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Do you mean the colour models 7000 and 9000. Yes
    It is usually a connector problem on the fuser, (bent pins or bad contact)
    If you are lucky you won't have to replace the ones on the frame.