Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Exclamation iPRC1 E020-01A0 / 03A8

Anyone have ideas on this matter?

Just changed a new drum, drum patch sensor, ATR sensor, yellow developing unit and cyan developing unit, D-Kit Harness Cable x2, potential sensor.

When print few pages,it will appeared. I got tried manually key in the signal, reference value on service mode but still occur.

I had no ideas on it. Please advise......

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iPRC1 E020-01A0 / 03A8

Quote Originally Posted by pga View Post
    Anyone have ideas on this matter?

Just changed a new drum, drum patch sensor, ATR sensor, yellow developing unit and cyan developing unit, D-Kit Harness Cable x2, potential sensor.

When print few pages,it will appeared. I got tried manually key in the signal, reference value on service mode but still occur.

I had no ideas on it. Please advise......

Set the laser beam amount appropriate to the new drum with the following procedure. 1) Turn the main power OFF/ON.

2) Execute the service mode (drum reset: FUNCTION > DCP > DRM-RESET).

3) In case the error occurs again. turn the main power OFF/ON once again, execute the step 1 and 2 up to 5 times.

Check to see if the image patch sensor is reading the patches on the drum. In service mode <Level 2>DISPLAY>DENS>, check P-SENS-P and P-SENS-S for values. If the values are zero, replace the image patch sensor or check that the patch sensor shutter mechanism is working correctly.

check connector for ATR below
    C-1.jpg
    E020-03A8 > see below

1. Remove the developing units and thoroughly clean the turret area including the ATR Sensor.
    2. Remove the ITB and thoroughly clean and inspect.
    3. Clean and inspect the toner ports and sub-hoppers, it may be necessary to vacuum if they are packed with toner.
    4. Install four new developing units(If Required).
    5. Ensure the Service Label values are entered in Service Mode. (DO NOT PERFORM AN INIT)
    6. Perform Shading Correction, Auto Gradation(Printer), and calibrate the Fiery.
    7. Test to ensure copy quality is within specifications and the E020 is resolved.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

iPRC1 E020-01A0 / 03A8

E020-01A0=yellow

The Sig value is less than 62 at ATR control.
    =

Turn off and then on the main power.

E020-03A8=Cyan

The T/D ratio identified at ATR control has exceeded the upper limit (14%) 3 times continuously.
    =Turn off and then on the main power.

iPRC1 E020-01A0 / 03A8

imagePRESS C1/imagePRESS C1+E020-xxxx Error Codes. Update

Technical Publication details the modification of the Patch Sensing Sensor Shutter in order to
    minimize breakage of the Spring Hook which can result in E020-xxxx Error Codes.

TP10 249[1].pdf

Troubleshooting Procedure for E020 Error Codes
    C1-TP09 158[1].pdf

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thx,bro. I had followed the procedure step but when print more,it will appear again. Now is E020-03A8. I got checked the cyan developing unit,it looks fine. I just changed few months back only.

Anymore advise????

iPRC1 E020-01A0 / 03A8

Quote Originally Posted by pga View Post
    Thx,bro. I had followed the procedure step but when print more,it will appear again. Now is E020-03A8. I got checked the cyan developing unit,it looks fine. I just changed few months back only.

Anymore advise????

have u done a Dev change lately on these units ?? when was the last time ??/

could be a faulty ATR sensor
    Last edited by teckat; 10-07-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I had changed the ATR sensor and Drum patch sensor. The cyan developing unit changed on 2-3 months ago. No toner leaking or overflow issue on developing.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    iPRC1 E020-01A0 / 03A8

2 to 3 months..

What's that in clicks?

What kind of coverage are we talking about, % wise.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    iPRC1 E020-01A0 / 03A8

Measures to combat E020 codes on C1:

1. If possible make 20 color copies to force the ATR sensor to take readings. Then compare the SGNL reading for the color that is generating the error and additional colors in Service Mode; COPIER>DISPLAY>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M/K with the Initialization setting in COPIER>ADJUST>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M/K.

COPIER>DISPLAY>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M/K arethe ATR Sensor readings of the Developer in its present condition and should be within +/- 50 of the Initialization settings.

COPIER>ADJUST>DENS>SGNL-Y/C/M/K arethe Initialization settings that the copier maintains and are located on the door sheet.

2. If the Initialization setting is not the same as the door sheet, be sure to enter the correct value and replace the Developer Unit.

3. If the ATR Sensor reading is over +/-50 of the Initialization setting; the ATR Sensor, Patch Detection Sensors, Drum Unit and DC Controller are suspect.

Check the status of the Drum Unit under COPIER>COUNTER>DRBL-1>PT-DRM. The Patch Detection Sensors looks at patches of toner that are generated on the drum for each color and determines the amount of toner that is in each patch by the amount of reflected light. If the drum is not creating these patches correctly, the patch readings will be affected. Replace the Drum Unit if it is close to or over 100% of its rated life.
    If the Drum Unit is not close to or over its rated life, replace the ATR Sensor and Patch Detection Sensors. If the error continues replace the DC Controller.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The cyan developing usage in % only 2%. Black and Magenta is 3%. Yellow is less than 1% coz just changed together with drum unit.