Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canon IR2200 Print/Scan Issues

I'm having trouble getting a clients IR2200 to print and scan. I've installed the drivers from Canon and it's installed in the list of printers on Windows XP, but when I try to print a test page it comes to life as if it's going to print but then nothing happens. I've given up for now on printing and moved on to getting it to scan. I installed network scangear 2.21 (the only one there for this machine) from Canon, the Scan Gear tool found it, but it's not listed in the camera/scanner section in Windows XP. How do I access it? Did I miss something along the way? Also on the front cover it's labeled a 2200G. Does the "G" stand for anything important?

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Can you ping the device? Does it have a network card installed? If you installed the network card yourself did you update the firmware on the copier using SST?

Regarding using scanning, instructions are in the pdf included with the download of ScanGear. After configuring the ScanGear Tool you can scan e.g. through Adobe Acrobat or some other application.

Yep I can ping it, and yes it has a network card installed. Now as for updating the firmware I'm not sure how to do that.

So you did install the network card yourself?

When you press the Counter Check button what do you see at the bottom e.g. IR2200 (IR2200N) - what's in the brackets is important.

Also if you go into Service Mode (Additional Functions > 2, 8 > Additional Functions) under Copier > Display > Version what are the numbers you see e.g. for PS/PCL, MN-CONT, BOOT-ROM, RUI

No I didn't install the network card, it was already installed. I just set it up to be on the network. Actually I'm not there at the office, so I can't check now, but I should be over there tomorrow. Although I do remember that the bootrom was 10.29C. PS/PCL were just dashes.

PS/PCL being blank indicates that you can't print as the drivers for it aren't installed on the copier. Also the C at the end of the BOOT-ROM number indicates you may have the wrong BOOT-ROM installed

You need to check you have the right BOOT-ROM installed i.e. not a C BOOT-ROM, but e.g. a N BOOT-ROM then update the firmware using SST. If you're not a tech you should be able to call in a tech to do the update for you using SST.

Then you should be able to print and scan.

I got a copy of SST, but where do I get the firmware? Also can I use the same SST for an IRC3200? That one's been giving me headaches as well...

Quote Originally Posted by gezeo750 View Post
    I got a copy of SST, but where do I get the firmware? Also can I use the same SST for an IRC3200? That one's been giving me headaches as well...
    SST is the same. Firmware is separate. If you're a tech you should be able to buy the firmware off canon.

On the 2200, you need to either have the Canon special nethawk usb-to-parallel cable or have a PC with an ordinary parallel port and use a standard IEEE1284 bi-centronics parallel cable.

Ok thanks for all the help. Unfortunately I'm not a printer tech so buying it is out of the question. I hope to have an update by Wednesday.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    I suggest you locate a Canon certified tech in your area to resolve your issues. The advice we give is not oriented to the end user, but to technicians...