Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ir550 lines

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ir550 lines

ir550 lines

Getting lines across the page on letter. Legal is fine.

Any ideas?

Not from fuser, definetely drum area.

Kelly

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ir550 lines

I'm assuming black lines. How many lines and are they in the same image area as the legal? Is your sep corona working well? Weak sep can have letter size stick to drum and get lines from drum fingers. Can you post an image?
    Totoro

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Good call on the weak sep corona.
    A few other things to check are the drum blade oscillator. If that is worn the blade won't move and even a new blade will give you lines.
    Also, there is a mylar sheet just to the right of the Primary corona. It rides against the drum and toner can build up there and will look similar to lines from a bad drum blade.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    ir550 lines

Best place to start - with all the coronas. Then move on to other possibilities if problem still manifests.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

ir550 lines

As I watch the copy I do see it shoot up to the drum as if pulled. Would just cleaning the lower (sep) corona take care of this problem? The lines are on LETTER only, not LEGAL. I believe legal is long enough to not get pulled towards the drum. The lines are running across, horizontal on the LETTER size page as it travels under the drum. I do believe you are on to something with the corona. I will try cleaning it and seeing what results.

Any other thoughts are welcomed!

Thanks all!

Kelly

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ir550 lines

You can try cleaning the corona, but I have never had any luck with doing that once a problem occurs. I would just clean and restring the wires for for all the corona units as blazebusiness recommends. Once you have problems with one then the others aren't far behind.
    Totoro

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

Paper curl properties...

The reason the paper does it in letter, and not in letter-r orientation has to do with the way the paper is made. If it is cut properly, the long grain of the paper is situated along the long axis of the paper. Imagine shredded wheat as an example of the wrong way to cut paper, the long grain is along the short dimension of the cereal. The paper is more apt to curl in the letter mode rather than the letter-r mode...

ir550 lines

Okay, replaced ALL corona assemblies and even swapped entire drum unit/cleaning unit out and still get same marks. Seems like the toner gets draggen to make fuzzy light thick lines on the image. LETTER DIRECTION ONLY, LETTER R, Still fine! Is it a bad power supply for this?

Kelly

ir550 lines

Very well could be a bad power supply. Try removing the pretransfer corona and make copies without it. Does it still do it? Sometimes the pretrans arcs and loads down the sep.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    ir550 lines

Can you post a image?
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC