Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir2800 blank copies

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Update - I was there today and finally observed the blank copies. No error, no hesitation, just spit out a completely blank sheet. I stopped a skyshot and there was no toner on the drum. Then after off/on switch the copies came out fine. The only error in history was an E191. It wasn't listed on the service map.

They don't use it as a printer or fax. I don't know if this is important but about 2 months ago they had an E601 and I had to replace the HDD.

MrFixit- that's eerie, I just had that exact problem in an ir2270 on Monday.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm going to order a DC controller.

Have u tried a DCON CLR
    Remember to re-input door specs and then re-boot machine
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    My memory ain't what it used to be, I just remembered this is the one I got an E064 after replacing the HDD due to an E601.
    This is one of those gravy accounts that only calls in once a year the last 4 years, has less than 400k and I've only ever had to put in drum/fixing film/tires. The drum is only 6 months old and less than 50k. 2 months ago when they had the E601, after I replaced the HDD and booted up I got an E064. I remember reseating the connectors and doing a DC-Con clear. When I went to re-input the values the ones for the HV-TR were way off. But after putting in the correct values it took off and ran fine.

They only remember the blank copies starting a "couple weeks ago", but customers aren't the most reliable source regarding time. I think I'll start with the DC-Controller and hold off on the laser for now. Thanks Screwtape for explaining the E191.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    ir2800 blank copies

E64-xxxx is the high voltage transformer.(HVT)

This can also cause blank copies.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    ir2800 blank copies

I thought the high voltage functions were built into the composite power supply. Am I remembering correctly? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    ir2800 blank copies

I believe your right. The presence of a high-voltage error is communicated by the composite power supply PCB. The Main cause for the E64. The contact has poor connection. The wiring is faulty. The composite power supply PCB is faulty. The DC controller PCB is faulty.

The service manual indicates the code is caused by a high voltage error. The output for primary charging, developing, or transfer has deviated from a specific voltage level. The two main areas to look at would be the composite power supply and DC controller.
    E064 can be caused by the Developing bias value if its set incorrectly as well.

Check the setting of COPIER>ADJUST>DEVELOP>DE-DC in service mode. Compare this value with that of the service label. If the setting is found to be out of adjustment, set the value back to door specifications.
    After making the adjustments, run some continuous copies to check for occurance of the code. Since this value is maintained by the DCON the same adjustment is required after replacement of the DC controller.

Check the steps below for troubleshooting.

1. Contact
    Is any of the contacts of the primary charging roller, developing assembly, or transfer charging roller soiled? Or, is there poor contact?
    YES: Clean the contact, and set it once again.

2. Wiring
    Is the wiring between the contacts for the following normal: DC controller PCB (J301), composite power supply PCB (J136), primary charging roller, developing assembly, transfer charging roller?

a. DC controller PCB (J301) <-> composite power supply PCB (J136)
    b. composite power supply PCB (J130-7) <-> primary charging roller contact
    c. composite power supply PCB (J130-1) <-> developing assembly contact
    d. composite power supply PCB (FT133) <-> transfer roller contact
    NO: Correct the connection.

3. Composite power supply PCB, DC controller PCB
    Try replacing the composite power supply PCB. Is the problem corrected?
    YES: Yes.
    NO: Replace the DC controller PCB.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts
    ir2800 blank copies

Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    How about this.... Cant prove it can you? want to know why? customer has a stack they want to copy. Using the doc feeder this is what happens. So they insert some in the tray and throw the rest of stack they will do later on the edge of tray because there is room to hold their stack while they copy the rest. Problem is when they do that it is pressing down on the other lever on the original document tray. yeah the same flag lever that is for legal or ledger.
    Throws the machine off and kicks out a blank paper. trust me I had to problem solve this one before. It is that simple.
    Mr fix it is right!
    i think due to the fact he has ran sky shots off and got no image on the drum does prove this theory to be ruled out. you need doc feeder open to take sky shots. but i know where your coming from, even had customers stick the copyright labels over the second switch and wonder why they got blank sheets.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    I totally missed the skyshot mention,,, getting too old for this game, think I am gonna go drink some beers and get my weekend on!!!

ir2800 blank copies

do u receive blank copies from all paper tray/deck loaded locations

Re: ir2800 blank copies

if still having this condition, the drum could be defective or scan lamp or heat blanket for scan lamp is questionable

ir2800 blank copies

Re: ir2800 blank copies

Quote Originally Posted by tomuntereiner View Post
    if still having this condition, the drum could be defective or scan lamp or heat blanket for scan lamp is questionable
    ---------------

post from year 2010