Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

ir2800 blank copies

I have an ir2800 that just called in for intermittent blank copies, for the 2nd time. I was just there last Friday and replaced the transfer roller and drum. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts
    ir2800 blank copies

been a few years since i worked on canon but my thoughts would be to rule out charge as this would give black copies not blank, if it was transfer then it would not be blank, just very faint unles the transfer roller was not racking up to the drum, this would cause jamming issues as well though. that only leaves dev unit really, if i remember right, it is a manually racked dev so maybe the cams on the racking shaft are broke or loose, this would stop the dev unit running upto the drum. my advise is to run sky shots and stop mid print, remove drum and see if there is an image on it, if there is then look at trnsfer racking upto the drum, if not then look at dev area.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    ir2800 blank copies

A bad laser could be a another reason for blank copies.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts
    ir2800 blank copies

so so true screwtape, i did miss that one but surely an error would come up when bd signal is not detected

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    I have an ir2800 that just called in for intermittent blank copies, for the 2nd time. I was just there last Friday and replaced the transfer roller and drum. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Hi Dave,,, how about the not so obvious, of customer error, while using the doc feeder entry tray right side as a work surface to hold the documents that are yet to be scanned???? That will produce the blanks you speak of, you might want to demonstrate that to the enduser to show them the results of that bad habit, to see if that is what is happening...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    ir2800 blank copies

How about an intermittent scan lamp? Canons will make a few black copies, then turn off the charge and give you blanks. It will also store scan lamp intensity errors (E220) which you can check for. I also like the developing shift lever being broken. I've seen that one. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

ir2800 blank copies

Blank copies have also been resolved by clearing DCON & RCON in service mode, re-input door specs and then re-boot machine. Print out spec sheet before clearing.

Check connector J312 on the DC Controller for good contact, also cut the wire ties associated with J312

And as I said before a bad laser can cause this type of issue. Symptoms. The copies start light and then end up as blank copies. The copy quality slowly degenerates and the copies end up as being blank when scanned or printed.

Is this happening when they make copies from the 2800 or does it also do this when they print.

If blank copies have not been rectified it has been found that replacing the DC Controller has resolved this problem.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Update - I was there today and finally observed the blank copies. No error, no hesitation, just spit out a completely blank sheet. I stopped a skyshot and there was no toner on the drum. Then after off/on switch the copies came out fine. The only error in history was an E191. It wasn't listed on the service map.

They don't use it as a printer or fax. I don't know if this is important but about 2 months ago they had an E601 and I had to replace the HDD.

MrFixit- that's eerie, I just had that exact problem in an ir2270 on Monday.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm going to order a DC controller.

ir2800 blank copies

E191 code indicates a communication error / fault has occurred between the DC Control PCB and the HVT unit on the Composite Power Supply.
    • Check all of the connections for the DC Controller PCB and the Composite Power Supply.
    • Make sure the wire harness between the DC Controller PCB and the Composite Power Supply is good by performing continuity checks (including crosschecks and checking for a pinched wire to ground for each wire) and visually inspecting it.
    • Make sure the wall voltage is correct (neutral to ground should be less than 1 volt).
    • Finally, try replacing the DC Controller PCB and / or the Composite Power Supply.
    Also, in addition to the above timing, communication between the DC controller PCB and the composite power supply PCB was not successful from the end of a job to high-voltage output for the next job.

Thus a blank copy.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    How about this.... Cant prove it can you? want to know why? customer has a stack they want to copy. Using the doc feeder this is what happens. So they insert some in the tray and throw the rest of stack they will do later on the edge of tray because there is room to hold their stack while they copy the rest. Problem is when they do that it is pressing down on the other lever on the original document tray. yeah the same flag lever that is for legal or ledger.
    Throws the machine off and kicks out a blank paper. trust me I had to problem solve this one before. It is that simple.
    Mr fix it is right!
    Last edited by yourownfree; 10-15-2010 at 04:49 AM. Reason: found another with the same answer needed to give them credit for answering first.