Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

anybody hack Canon Navi yet?

Just curious if anybody has done this and to let you know I have. It is going to help out quite a bit as all resources will be at my fingertips in one location.
    any comments as to what you would like to see in the drop down menus, and how would you improve it? I am all ears.
    I imagine links, to whatever, firmware updates, quick book of error codes, your own knowledge base and more! heck maybe links to you tube to watch a movie when your bored or better yet go to Navi to click on a link that takes you here. It's all fun!

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

WHAT!

You can't get NAVI!
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    Just curious if anybody has done this and to let you know I have. It is going to help out quite a bit as all resources will be at my fingertips in one location.
    any comments as to what you would like to see in the drop down menus, and how would you improve it? I am all ears.
    I imagine links, to whatever, firmware updates, quick book of error codes, your own knowledge base and more! heck maybe links to you tube to watch a movie when your bored or better yet go to Navi to click on a link that takes you here. It's all fun!

NAVI is the worst piece of Crap that Canon ever came out with . who has time to sit scroll through nonsense

what's to HACK ?? /

I would give that program away in a minute

I keep my service manuals/parts books/tech pubs/knowledge base/ on USB

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    It sure is not the best, but some folks like it. Some people are not the best file keepers, so Navi keeps track of them for you. You say what is there to hack? This is what I have done so far. In the group menu I can put in anything you want, same for the series menu. Did you ever see a fax link to put into Navi? No because they don't have any;But there is a group for it in the original Navi. I have made a fax 710 link for parts just for a test. I have to work on printers too so here is an example. I have made a group called Firmware, which is is the drop down menu now of the Group. I then drop down the series menu and select HP series, I then select 4250/4350 engine firmware and click. It then prompts me for the Printer IP address, and with my laptop set to the proper IP I just click and it sends firmware to the printer and updates it. No more trying to figure out how to install firmware in an HP printer. I wrote a batch file that does it for you. I can put a link to any website in Navi, show videos, pictures etc. everything in one program. I have spent hours and hours trying to work with this. I still dont have it all down because like you said it is a nightmare to figure out. I too just looked for my files rather than use Navi. I would rather build my own interface, but this is a program that people use already good or bad. Why I could even put a link in it to play games. That way when the boss walks by it looks like you are using Navi. All Navi is ,is a filing system. It copies folders and files and moves them into the Navi folder where it links the files and folders to the Group and Series Category and to either Parts Catalogs, Service Manuals or Tech information. depending on what country you live in the wording is slightly different. Navi is not simple to hack because the files just don't make sense, I tend to believe canon just threw it together. Matter of fact in one portion of the files they spell language, languege. Then they figured out it was wrong because the rest of it is spelled right. So tell me, why is it the worst piece of crap they came out with? what would have been better, a USB giveaway so you can load files on? I think they had the idea of the knowledge base to cut down on the flow of calls from techs who, just are too lazy to go and find a file wherever they put it on their laptop. I don't think they did it for our benefit. They said Hey! I got an idea, lets make sure techs have a source to look for answers so we can have more time to play a video games, we have so many calls coming in, we are going to have to hire more and more people. The reason they never put any fax links together is they figured out it was not the program they thought it was going to be. so since they shot their mouth off they just make links for copiers just to make it look like they are doing something. When I get this Navi figured out all the way, I'm done with it.
    I am only doing this to help my fellow workers who believe in it, and have got so used to using it. Probably would hurt to have a filing system for that USB. It would be easy to do. You could just use word and link it to files. Then all you have to do is open one page find what you want and click on it. Instead of searching folders and files, and wonder what you did with them. You could even use a web site builder and make your own filing system. I'll admit I must be the only idiot to hack Navi. What do you mean you cant get Navi?

there are better things to do, by the time it takes to scroll through NAVI, I could have a machine repaired , to each his own

I use my own Canon filling system / on a rugged USB/ & back up on Laptop & Home PC
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar
    I tested NAVI here. Needless to say my report on it was a little damming.

They didnt release it to the rest of the field.

It was a big waste of time. You are welcome to crack it.
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.

To all NAVI's lover, continue doing so. Hack it if you must or benefit you.
    For non-Navi's lover, don't bother finding out about it.
    And for USB's lover, be prepare as it is well known for virus breeding ground. Might want to disable the 'Auto play' & add in USB Security Disk utilities for it. You'll never know from which PC you'll got infected from e.g customers, own office, co-worker & even home.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Im not obsessed with NAvi but i do appreciate it. Its a quick all in one, off internet tool. i understand why people dont like it. But if One needs that extra time saver. It makes the diff sometimes.

intan
    where can I download navi ?? please...

Quote Originally Posted by intan View Post
    where can I download navi ?? please...

go to work for a CANON AUTHORIZED DEALER = to receive access

or bribe a Canon Tech
    Money-handout.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**