Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    No major issues yet with mine, all 50XX's ,,, but having said that out loud...

Ha ha ha. Mine all started coming in after I was telling one of the company directors how I really liked them.
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.

Only issues i have had is the crappy internal A1 finisher
    I have had to replaced 3 gripper units, followed by total finisher replacement, Gripper unit rails (4 so far)
    And replace 2 of them with ext. finishers instead to cure the E532 E533 errors
    But rumours have it that Canon at bringing out a New internal finisher to replace the A1
    (God i hope that it's going to be better then the old one)

Oh yeah, and 3 fixing films due to a whining, droning noise with the machine is in use

But part from them problems the machine is okay to work on, with only drums going

Yeah , heard that the A1 Gripper rails were failing. So much that they are out of stock in the UK atm. Strange I have never had to fit one yet.
    What was the replacement gripper for? Was it just for the newer type units? ( I have 52 of the old ones in my garage if anyone is interested )

MrB - you not had any 1101 / FF90 / 010C 3-way jamming issues?
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.

3-way unit jams
    Nope not as yet, but that will not put the mockers on it lol
    Have been told there are a few machines out there causing this problem, and a replacement 3-way unit fixes it
    But like the gripper rails, none in stock in the UK

I changed the grippers for new ones trying o get shut of the E532 & E533 errors
    fixedit for about 3 days till it all started again
    Then it was a swap from internal to ext. finishers

Hope these rumours are true for the new inner finisher

Yeah. I have fitted 5x 3 way units recently. I also have one out there that has run for 3 weeks after swapping out just the top section of the 3 way unit. I believe a permanent fix is imminent . I would imagine it involves PS39 and 40 or the wiring to those.

Was funny, I had to say I REALLY wanted the 3 way units as they were low stock.
    Yes, I am a nerd.

Thanks for all the feed back guys.. Sounds like all is not yet lost.. PS39 and E075 are my big issues . So will keep plugging away for the mo. ..
    Again Thanks . Always good to hear from the field and not the sales men ..