Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

IRC 5185 Waste Toner

Having a problem with the iRC5185 waste toner. About every 3 weeks the waste toner tube overfills and spills in the machine. I have replaced the waste tube, waste bottle and even modified the end of the tube and made the hole where the waste exits a little bigger. This is a simple operation. The tube always turns when the ITB turns. But the waste gets too full then spills.Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IRC 5185 Waste Toner

Quote Originally Posted by banshee2000 View Post
    Having a problem with the iRC5185 waste toner. About every 3 weeks the waste toner tube overfills and spills in the machine. I have replaced the waste tube, waste bottle and even modified the end of the tube and made the hole where the waste exits a little bigger. This is a simple operation. The tube always turns when the ITB turns. But the waste gets too full then spills.Any help would be great. Thanks in advance
    Check pic below/

WT.JPG
    Make sure customer is not putting container on door/ it will tip over & make a mess

remove the two small plastic eyes in bottle top =u will have a better waste signal/ when only one eye is dirty= the light emission sensor to light reception sensor does not function properly= and the empty waste bottle
    message is not shown on panel

I always advise customers/ NOT to Dump Waste out of bottle/ it causes a mess/ & like I said some put the bottle on open door and it tips over to a mess.

Waste Bottle should be checked & or replaced by customer when they replace the Black Toner cartridge or every 25,000 prints on a routine Sch.

Be sure to observe all rules and regulations of the governing community when disposing of waste toner.
    - Do not dispose of waste toner into fire. (It may explode, causing a significant hazard.)
    -
    I have seen this happen at an account that dumped from garbage can into a furnace
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Actually the toner is spilling from the channel type tube. It never fills the bottle at all. It puts somein there but now alot. That tube or channel is open on the top about the width of the ITB. The front half spills over the edge and the back half is normal. Have worked on a ton of these and never seen such a thing. It is like it gets clogged and the waste wont exit into the bottle. After bout 2 weeks starts to back up and spill again.

IRC 5185 Waste Toner

Quote Originally Posted by banshee2000 View Post
    Actually the toner is spilling from the channel type tube. It never fills the bottle at all. It puts somein there but now alot. That tube or channel is open on the top about the width of the ITB. The front half spills over the edge and the back half is normal. Have worked on a ton of these and never seen such a thing. It is like it gets clogged and the waste wont exit into the bottle. After bout 2 weeks starts to back up and spill again.

I now understand/ guess what ??/ I have don this a few times before/ U need the remove that waste feed screw/ inspect or replace if twisted

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    This might help.

Toner being dumped on cleaning blade stay (3200)

The mylar doesn't make a good seal and leaks.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    I had such a problem once. Machine was located in a construction barack. The barack wasn't level, evenso the floor wasn;t level also.

The machine was slightly tilted backwards, the Feedscrew kept clogging every 20000-30000 prints. Since nobody felt the need to move the machine we kept vacuuming once every few months.

IRC 5185 Waste Toner

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    This might help.

Toner being dumped on cleaning blade stay (3200)

The mylar doesn't make a good seal and leaks.

Your right , that Mylar is an issue/ u still need to remove feed screw & inspect / have seen these twisted out of position

I would like to thank everyone for the advice. I have replace the whole tube and installed a new waste bottle. I will check on that mylar. The next time I go out there I am going to bring a level. I had thought aout that too since it only pile up inthe front and then spills over. Seems like a reach but I am completely out of ideas. Just seen another one of these yesterday now too. But that one took like 7 months to fill up. I was with another tech helping him on something and seen his did the same thing. Thanks again and will post when I find something