Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Angry Canon ir2200 Wierd copy quality issue

Hello. I have a customer that just purchased a Canon IR2200 from us. The copier has about 23k copies on it. has a brand new drum unit and fusing unit it it. Copy quality is perfect on it. The problem I am having is that every so often it shoots a copy out that is all skewed and distorted. could happen after 5 copiers but sometimes runs 50 ok. no real pattern to it at all. I tried switching the paper transport unit out just to make sure it wasnt the problem but no luck. Im thinking it may be a LSU issue or maybe a board issue. Anyone got any ideas? I can send you a copy of what its doing if necessary.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon ir2200 Wierd copy quality issue

Quote Originally Posted by repn1999 View Post
    Hello. I have a customer that just purchased a Canon IR2200 from us. The copier has about 23k copies on it. has a brand new drum unit and fusing unit it it. Copy quality is perfect on it. The problem I am having is that every so often it shoots a copy out that is all skewed and distorted. could happen after 5 copiers but sometimes runs 50 ok. no real pattern to it at all. I tried switching the paper transport unit out just to make sure it wasnt the problem but no luck. Im thinking it may be a LSU issue or maybe a board issue. Anyone got any ideas? I can send you a copy of what its doing if necessary.
    Check door specifications. If door specifications are correct then make changes in service mode under copier> Adjust> Feed-Adj> Arch. The default is set at 80; the range of setting is from -100 to +200.

did u check the paper trays themselves
    /

how are the reams of paper stored ??

also check the upper registration roller bushings
    worn can created uneven pressure front to rear

Rear Bushing part # is FS5-1261-000
    Front Bushing part # is FS5-1944-000

imageRUNNER 2200 / 2220N / 2220i / 2800 / 3300 / 3320i / 3300i

The image has a slight skew and the Lead Edge of the copy is cutting off.

This can be cause by the Rear Registration Roller Bushing becoming misplaced. ( The Front Bushing can also cause the issue)
    Check that not only the Bushings are installed correctly but that the Springs ( shown below ) are also attached
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Examples may help us help you...

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar
    Yeah , Post an example of what it is doing. Would be most helpful.

Could be a few things. If it is not jamming, check the reg front bushing. Usually easy to see if it is failing - pop off the small cleaning cover on the right hand side of the grey front cover. See if there is any plastic lying in there from the bushing. I carried these at one point as had a spate of them fail. But could be anything.
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.