Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

Question Canon IR C5180,,, Reposting for lagustacat

Reposting a private message for a wider response...

I have a problem with windows server 2003, when I open web console, I cannot open the fiery, I have version 1.02 on the H1 printer controller and have 50.03 on the dc controller, please advise me on what to do, I am Canon authorized, tech support is telling me that its not a good idea to upgrade the printer controller to version 2 and the dc controller to 78.8...

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    For whatever it may be worth, I have ALL my H1 RIPs up to version 2, and the connected MFP (4080, 5180, and 5185) at current firmware and they all work just fine.

In fact, one 5180 had weird banding and pencil-thin white lines when printing from PowerPoint with the PCL5 driver. Updating the firmware and RIP fixed the problem right off.

Try connecting to the web page on the RIP with a crossover cable. If it works, then possibly internal pages are blocked, or, more likely, a proxy server is in place, but not configured to be bypassed for local addresses. (I just had this happen a few weeks ago.)
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Canon IR C5180,,,   Reposting for lagustacat

I wonder what it is that he wants to do???

Need more details>
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC