Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Why do you think they call it WASTE toner?????
    Last edited by Eric1968; 10-30-2010 at 09:06 PM.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    As a rule of thumb you would be correct - for most machines toner based printing is cheaper than ink unless you are buying low end cheap non business class equipment - but the poster fitted his machine with ink bottles which are not standard equipment that lets him save even more. Either way-he is comparing apples and oranges. 50 posts in 2 days of being a member! That poster is flooding this tech forum with a lot of useless posts and it would help if we could all ignore future posts by him by not responding. He is baiting us with his posts and enjoying how we all line up like idiots to post answers.
    Yer right...I am done with this tool who thinks he knows the business but has no "street cred" where print shop experience is. A small time wannabe who does not seem to understand he is up against a very wide range of experience in the real world of printing and comparing that to a "modified" machine is laughable.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    Yer right...I am done with this tool who thinks he knows the business but has no "street cred" where print shop experience is. A small time wannabe who does not seem to understand he is up against a very wide range of experience in the real world of printing and comparing that to a "modified" machine is laughable.
    When your laser printer can print full color pages at 0.4 cents a page we can talk. In the meantime I'm enjoying having everyone switch from so called "professional" copy centers that charge 50 cents a page to my service where I charge 5 cents per color page.

Why do you think I have so many repeat customers ordering every few weeks since 5 years when I don't even advertise my service?

dont waste time and money

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    When your laser printer can print full color pages at 0.4 cents a page we can talk. In the meantime I'm enjoying having everyone switch from so called "professional" copy centers that charge 50 cents a page to my service where I charge 5 cents per color page.

Why do you think I have so many repeat customers ordering every few weeks since 5 years when I don't even advertise my service?
    Cats out of the bag, you are only here to push your "service". I don't think I've read were posted about how much ink is wasted just cleaning the print heads that you oh so love.
    Try as you will, try as you might, you are not going to win this fight.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    I don't think I've read were posted about how much ink is wasted just cleaning the print heads that you oh so love.
    Try as you will, try as you might, you are not going to win this fight.
    Firstly, the cost per page is still 0.4 cents per color page because I calculated it based on real use over 50 000+ prints, which would include any ink used for cleaning, secondly, this is an HP, it doesn't use ink for cleaning the printheads like crappy epsons do. BTW if you want to talk about printers wasting, laser printers seem to waste about 10% of their toner into the waste bin.

You're the one that's never going to win the fight of lower cost per page, laser will NEVER beat inkjet in cost per page, it's simply impossible (toner costs more than ink in the first place, making it impossible, not to mention lasers cost much more in replacement parts too).

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    Funny... he didn't say anything about what I said about him pushing is "service". I'm all for making a buck and if you can then by all means go out and do it. I'm just saying... you are running into a church and yelling I have the proof there is no god by trying to tell us it costs less.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RRodgers View Post
    Funny... he didn't say anything about what I said about him pushing is "service". I'm all for making a buck and if you can then by all means go out and do it. I'm just saying... you are running into a church and yelling I have the proof there is no god by trying to tell us it costs less.
    It is you (maybe not you specifically, but a member on here) that said that no toner based machine can approach the 0.4 cents per color print I get with a business inkjet printer. I had a thread were I asked if any laser printer could get a cost per page as low as I get on inkjet and the answer was no, so it's no me saying laser costs more, it's you (again, maybe not specifically you but forum members).

Anyway to get back onto my waste toner question, I had only refilled a black cartridge when I made this thread. I just refilled a cyan cartridge and the waste cyan toner was very dark and looked nothing like new cyan toner. Now I can visually see why it's called waste toner and wouldn't even think of reusing it. As I said this is my first laser printer and I had no idea they made waste toner and simply wanted to know if it could be reused or not.

BTW there seemed to be much more waste cyan than waste black, yet out of about 22 000 prints, only 1000-2000 were color. Does the machine produce waste color toner even when printing B&W?

Doesn't sound like Einstein here can work a calculator as well as not being able to fill in a sign up form. For him and all other DIY Einsteins, we technicians are truly grateful.

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Doesn't sound like Einstein here can work a calculator as well as not being able to fill in a sign up form. For him and all other DIY Einsteins, we technicians are truly grateful.
    I've only had one problem with my inkjet and that was the carriage motor failed after 200 000 prints, I swapped it with the motor of an old printer and it's been working great for another 50 000 prints so far. I can fix my printer myself whenever there's a problem so I'm sorry but I'm not making you techs any money.

Oh and to those that said I came here to advertise my printing service, I never even mentioned it's name or site nor will I mention it, so that's not the reason I came here.