Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Waste toner reuse?

Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    It's funny how I'm the moron when I'm the only one among all of you that figured out how to print for 0.5 cents a color page and you're all thinking that paying 5-25 cents a page for laser prints makes more sense.
    No, that doesn't make you a moron. As I said before, if you're happy with your setup, I'm happy for you. It's always good when someone is happy with what he's got - it's getting rarer each day.

What makes you a moron is the fact that you're making a crusade out of it, and that whole attitude of "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" is what's making everyone around here loathe you.

What are you expecting? Waiting for the whole worldwide copier industry to fall appart because of your posts? Get a grip!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    It's funny how I'm the moron when I'm the only one among all of you that figured out how to print for 0.5 cents a color page and you're all thinking that paying 5-25 cents a page for laser prints makes more sense.
    Not at all. I work on hardware that can do what you boast. I am also speaking from the point of view of direct experience of knowing what is involved in the print industry.

You said before that this printing venture of yours is a side business. In other words, this is not your bread and butter. I know for certain that if you should change your mind and make this your full time business, that you will soon go out of business because you are charging your "customers" a low fee, but not covering the costs of purchasing paper (includes the very expensive types), maintenance, utilities, office rent, taxes and on and on the list goes. The print shops I know of charge the slightly higher fees to cover that overhead and make a profit. But what would you know about that, since this is simply a side business for you.

You go on like the MORON you are because you simply have no clue what it is you are trying to compare your "I'm S.P.E.C.I.A.L." to the reality of what print shops charge. You barely have an understanding of offset press technologies (as seen in another thread), or for that matter, what some machines, (outside of the POS low segment printers you use), are capable of doing what your little inkjet can do. You go on that you can see the dots of some printed media, but haven't a bloody clue that not all laser devices have this limitation. Again, you compare your inkjet to a POS printer, and then have the gall to bitch about its quality and how much money you lost in the purchase and blah blah blah. You bitch about waste toner. And the 'Pièce de résistance' post you show your true ignorance of the industry by not understanding the concept of full bleed printing for crying out loud. And then there is that bitching you did about trying to become a member and how much trouble you had with the member signup page. Funny, people from all over the world who do not speak english as their primary language seemed to have no difficulty. Most people here refer to this kind of problem using the politically correct term of "operator error".

Your ignorance of the industry is quite astounding, and as mrwho pointed out, your attitude precludes those limitations, and in spite of recognizing that fact and simply leaving it alone, you continue to push your "I'm S.P.E.C.I.A.L. because I can print some document cheaper than you can". I challenge you to make a living off of it and then get back to us.

Scratch that. Don't get back to us. That is, unless you need help on a real printer/mfp, which is what this site is for. We wish you well in your endeavors with your inkjet, find an inkjet forum to boast your prowess and business acumen to the vast amounts of experience you have with low end crap sold out of Staples or Office Depot.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

toner007

Re: Waste toner reuse?

I have more than 10 years of toner manufacturing experience and I can tell you that despite the comments from everybody saying that the waste toner can't be reused, I just wanted to let you know that YES, it is possible to do so. It's just not practical to do it, unless you have a substantial amount in order to do it and convert this into a business. Waste toner basically is paperdust, discharge toner particles, and actual good toner. The paperdust particles are larger than toner particles which can be cleaned out. The discharge and good toner particles need a different type of equipment in order to separate them from each other. As you can see, it's not worth it to reuse waste toner. However, reusing waste toner can become a lucrative business if you have the right equipment, know how, and enough volume to convert this into good toner.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stirton.M View Post
    Not at all. I work on hardware that can do what you boast. I am also speaking from the point of view of direct experience of knowing what is involved in the print industry.

You said before that this printing venture of yours is a side business. In other words, this is not your bread and butter. I know for certain that if you should change your mind and make this your full time business, that you will soon go out of business because you are charging your "customers" a low fee, but not covering the costs of purchasing paper (includes the very expensive types), maintenance, utilities, office rent, taxes and on and on the list goes. The print shops I know of charge the slightly higher fees to cover that overhead and make a profit. But what would you know about that, since this is simply a side business for you.

You go on like the MORON you are because you simply have no clue what it is you are trying to compare your "I'm S.P.E.C.I.A.L." to the reality of what print shops charge. You barely have an understanding of offset press technologies (as seen in another thread), or for that matter, what some machines, (outside of the POS low segment printers you use), are capable of doing what your little inkjet can do. You go on that you can see the dots of some printed media, but haven't a bloody clue that not all laser devices have this limitation. Again, you compare your inkjet to a POS printer, and then have the gall to bitch about its quality and how much money you lost in the purchase and blah blah blah. You bitch about waste toner. And the 'Pièce de résistance' post you show your true ignorance of the industry by not understanding the concept of full bleed printing for crying out loud. And then there is that bitching you did about trying to become a member and how much trouble you had with the member signup page. Funny, people from all over the world who do not speak english as their primary language seemed to have no difficulty. Most people here refer to this kind of problem using the politically correct term of "operator error".

Your ignorance of the industry is quite astounding, and as mrwho pointed out, your attitude precludes those limitations, and in spite of recognizing that fact and simply leaving it alone, you continue to push your "I'm S.P.E.C.I.A.L. because I can print some document cheaper than you can". I challenge you to make a living off of it and then get back to us.

Scratch that. Don't get back to us. That is, unless you need help on a real printer/mfp, which is what this site is for. We wish you well in your endeavors with your inkjet, find an inkjet forum to boast your prowess and business acumen to the vast amounts of experience you have with low end crap sold out of Staples or Office Depot.
    Without a doubt one of the best replies i have heard. As a printer, and a former Tech, i see printers like this come and go. They are usually from a completely unrelated industry who thinks anyone can:

1. Service their own gear.
    2. Run a successful business designed to be long term.
    3. Beat the system by cutting corners.
    4. Charge a stupidly low price for their product in order to undercut other printers who do it correctly.

all i can say is have fun....

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Waste toner reuse?

I missed this thread. It's like following your favourite TV series and then it gets canceled.

Any chance of a new season?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Waste toner reuse?

Maybe if you read the whole post and even followed some of aab1’s threads you would have realized that he was only here to be a dick and no other reason.But instead you chose to read one post, make your assumptions and then leave the forum after just joining the forum. Hopefully you have left to not come back and don’t even see this response.
    Quote Originally Posted by yall-are-dicks View Post
    Real talk, you're a dick. I literally made a whole account just to point out that fact. And for several reasons:
    1. The difference between used oil and new oil is painfully obvious: one's dirty asf, the other's not. You can see, smell, feel, taste the difference. Toner is black powder new... and black powder used.
    2. How does that make him a jerk? Clearly, a lot of people wonder about this, I've been working on IT equipment for 17 years and I just discovered a waste toner box and wondered literally the same thing.
    3. Questions like this are literally why this forum was created. No dumb questions, only dumb answers and dumb dicks.
    4. Wanna take a guess where you can put your shitty post?

As for the rest of the conversation and posts, no clue. I probably won't be back on this forum, just wanted to point out that he was a dick, and only read the first page and the post right above mine. Cheers!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Waste toner reuse?

real talk, you're a dick. I literally made a whole account just to point out that fact. And for several reasons:
    1. The difference between used oil and new oil is painfully obvious: One's dirty asf, the other's not. You can see, smell, feel, taste the difference. Toner is black powder new... And black powder used.
    2. How does that make him a jerk? Clearly, a lot of people wonder about this, i've been working on it equipment for 17 years and i just discovered a waste toner box and wondered literally the same thing.
    3. Questions like this are literally why this forum was created. No dumb questions, only dumb answers and dumb dicks.
    4. Wanna take a guess where you can put your shitty post?

As for the rest of the conversation and posts, no clue. I probably won't be back on this forum, just wanted to point out that he was a dick, and only read the first page and the post right above mine. Cheers!
    talk about being a dick!!!! You must have been a user that was booted..

Frankly your profile is fake and has been reported..

Guess you'll have to start -=another=- fake account..

Besides the thread has been dead for years

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

"2. How does that make him a jerk? Clearly, a lot of people wonder about this, I've been working on IT equipment for 17 years and I just discovered a waste toner box and wondered literally the same thing."

I picked up on point number 2 as I read this misguided fellows missive, the fact that you have been working on I.T. equipment for 17 years puts you in a whole different arena than the one I and my fellow toner sniffers have worked in our entire careers. You are clearly not trained on xerographic products, like copiers and printers. You might punch some buttons on those products from time to time to establish connections to your network, but you have not the depth of knowledge that we carry around to service those products, if you did you would totally understand why it would be a fools errand to try to reuse waste toner.
    "Once a King, always a King, but once a Knight is enough!"

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Waste toner reuse?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    "2. How does that make him a jerk? Clearly, a lot of people wonder about this, I've been working on IT equipment for 17 years and I just discovered a waste toner box and wondered literally the same thing."

I picked up on point number 2 as I read this misguided fellows missive, the fact that you have been working on I.T. equipment for 17 years puts you in a whole different arena than the one I and my fellow toner sniffers have worked in our entire careers. You are clearly not trained on xerographic products, like copiers and printers. You might punch some buttons on those products from time to time to establish connections to your network, but you have not the depth of knowledge that we carry around to service those products, if you did you would totally understand why it would be a fools errand to try to reuse waste toner.
    Well put brother. Well put.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

I just felt attacked because that was my idea too, to reuse the waste toner and felt like maybe he didn't need to be such a dick about it.
    There are loads of contaminants in the waste toner, dust, dirt, paper talc, and such. If it were reintroduced into the developer assembly, the print quality would go down the drain, and expensive repairs would be the result. These repairs would not be honored under the terms of a service contract due to the reuse of waste toner, and as such would be rendered at the prevailing billable rate... David's 2 cents worth...
    "Once a King, always a King, but once a Knight is enough!"