Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Nowadays neither Company makes those smaller laser printers/copiers/mfp's or inkjet printers.------They are made by Flextronics in Singapore. And HP Laserjets have always used the technology designed and patented by Canon since like forever.
    This 2 giant company are like brothers. Those printer/copier/scanner assemble in Singapore are for export to Europe/US market. The Asian ones are made/assemble in China. There are afew indentical models available...eg IRC3200(Canon) & HP Color copier (can't actually recall the model no). The toner catridge use are the same & interchangeable but tend to leak alot. They got some kind of agreement among each other about design/model.

P.S: That so call' Pcl5c/5e printer driver belong/copyright to HP. They design & owned it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Te be Objective, i guess het got a point. Toy machines and drivers never have been Canons strongest points. The MF series and IR 10xx series are just shit. Operation is a bitch.

On the other hand, HP cannot compete with the IR ADv 50xx,60xx,70xx,80xx and 90xx. And UFR2 is better than PCL6

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    I'm no Cannon tech, but my 0,02€:

- About the driver's 99 copies limit, since you can use the HP cartridges, have you tried to use the HP drivers also? If one works, the other could also work.

- About inkjet vs laser quality: Inkjet is usually better-looking than laser. But that comes at a often steep price, since one inkjet print is usually equivalent to several laser prints.
    That's true for home inkjet printers which normally have only half a teaspoon of ink per color in the cartridges. If you look at my post in the business forum I use a business HP inkjet and buy ink by the liter, 4 liters (one per color) for $200 total. This makes 50 000 prints or more, which ends up costing 0.4 cents per color page printed, far less than any laser printer. The only consumable part in the printer is the printheads which also last at least 50 000 prints and cost under $100.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Identical Canon/HP copiers, who makes them, Canon or HP?

Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    That's true for home inkjet printers which normally have only half a teaspoon of ink per color in the cartridges. If you look at my post in the business forum I use a business HP inkjet and buy ink by the liter, 4 liters (one per color) for $200 total. This makes 50 000 prints or more, which ends up costing 0.4 cents per color page printed, far less than any laser printer. The only consumable part in the printer is the printheads which also last at least 50 000 prints and cost under $100.
    Although I find that hard to believe, I won't try to refute your logic since I have no way of verifying your claims. Nevertheless, if you're satisfied, why change?

Cheers!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Although I find that hard to believe, I won't try to refute your logic since I have no way of verifying your claims. Nevertheless, if you're satisfied, why change?

Cheers!
    Well so far I've done 250 000 prints on this inkjet and it cost me less than $1000 of ink, I've also only replaced the printheads about 4 -5 times.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Well so far I've done 250 000 prints on this inkjet and it cost me less than $1000 of ink, I've also only replaced the printheads about 4 -5 times.

Zip-it.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

End User 250+ Posts
    You're just jealous that laser printers can't get anywhere near as low a cost per page than inkjets.

Well, you still failed to mention what is the make and model of your inkjet (probably on another thread, but I'm not wasting time skimming through all of your posts), although you never tire of mentioning those 250K/1K/5x values.

Although I'm not specifically saying that what your're stating is false - since, as I said before, I can't disprove your claims - I'm getting the impression that you're just a troll that came in here just looking for confusion:

- You keep repeating your claims without adding any facts to them (how about the make/model of your machine? Or links to any online vendor with the prices you mentioned?)

- You keep opening up posts asking for help but they ultimately lead up to how about "inkjets are so much better than laser machines"

So, I welcome you aboard our train! As someone else can explain to you, I just love a good flamewar! And since you seem to be a good troll, excuse me while I grab my popcorn bucket!

Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

End User 250+ Posts
    I have the HP Officejet Pro L7780, with genuine cartridges the cost per page is half that of laser printers of similar price.

But you can buy ink by the liter for $50 a liter, I just bought small microtube and ran it from the 1 liter bottles through holes I drilled in the caps and ran them to the refill port on the cartridges and sealed them with hot glue so I don't have to refill the cartridges every 2500 prints. It was a 30 minute modification that's very easy to do.

Here are pictures of my modification:

Here's a video of it printing:

Now that's nice and it proves your point. I just ask why didn't you explain that right away instead of acting like a troll?
    Mascan42

Ibid