Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    Well from the prints I've seen no laser printer comes close to the print quality of inkjets. Even $100 HP inkjets beat the print quality of $10 000 HP laserjets. And comparing my HP business inkjet to the Canon laser is also no comparison, the HP makes far superior print quality (after all it's 4800 DPI vs 600). Plus many inkjets use light cyan and light magenta for perfect photo quality, as far as I know, no laser printer uses light cyan and light magenta.
    When you only print photo's on, let's say postcard size, (that's what most people print with this machines) you won't see any difference between 300 dpi and 4800 dpi!

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    When you only print photo's on, let's say postcard size, (that's what most people print with this machines) you won't see any difference between 300 dpi and 4800 dpi!
    That makes no sense, DPI has nothing to do with image size, 300 dpi at 4x6 inches or 300 dpi at 8x10 inches is still 300 dots per inch.

The dots from my laser printer are much bigger and visible than the dots on my inkjet, and photo quality inkjets that use 6 color inks make completely invisible dots.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Identical Canon/HP copiers, who makes them, Canon or HP?

That makes no sense, DPI has nothing to do with image size, 300 dpi at 4x6 inches or 300 dpi at 8x10 inches is still 300 dots per inch.

The dots from my laser printer are much bigger and visible than the dots on my inkjet, and photo quality inkjets that use 6 color inks make completely invisible dots.
    You make no sense. Why don't you go over to Printer Repair Forum - fixyourownprinter.com their more your speed. You can argue with moe over there.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Paul,

This guy is a joke.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    You make no sense. Why don't you go over to Printer Repair Forum - fixyourownprinter.com their more your speed. You can argue with moe over there.
    You don't even have basic knowledge of what dpi means and I make no sense?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

DPI has NOTHING to do with digital image quality!.

Scanning is the process of converting paper to digital and in this process DPI is used to adjust the amount of detail of the scan. The DPI setting of the scanner relates to the final pixel size of the scanned image. If you put a 5" x 7" photo on the scanner and scan it at 300 dpi, the resulting digital image will be 1500 x 2100 pixels in size (5" x 300 = 1500 and 7" x 300 = 2100). In this case, DPI does relate to quality, since the higher the scanner DPI setting the more information is being collected. Keep in mind though the 200 ppi = photo quality concept, a minimum of 200 dpi should be used in scanning. Best results for paper photos are generally achieved within a range of 300 dpi (sufficient for most photos) to 600 dpi (if you want to enlarge the image).

DPI is a measure of how a image is printed to a medium such as paper (or conversely, scanned from paper). Many software programs call DPI a measure of "resolution" which leads to more confusion since it is the resolution of the printed output, not anything to do with the "resolution" of the digital image. In fact the software programs that use this setting are really just doing so because they lack WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) output. If you do use WYSIWYG software such as most word processing, desk top publishing, photo printing programs or graphics programs such as Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw, then DPI is really a meaningless figure - the quality of output will be determined by the pixel size of the original image, the paper dimensions you have chosen to print the image (i.e. 4" x 6") and the quality of the printer.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

That makes no sense, DPI has nothing to do with image size
    It all depends on whether you're talking about scanning or printing. When scanning - or when talking about digital images - DPI has everything to do with image size.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    I could easily say that lack of knowledge about DPI applies to you, as is evident in most of your posts.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducttape n Glue View Post
    I'm pretty sure HP stopped using Canon laser tech in the late 90's and went to another company for laser development, can't remember their name right now.
    On some models, that would be KM for the print head technology. Not sure about the image unit or toner...or the rest for that matter.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

That modification thing is not safe. It will only cause damage to the print head giving bad print quality. You're warranty will be void too.

Daddy
    P:Please
    I:Ignore