Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Canon iR 2200 - ScanGear installed, Test works, but no Scanner installed

Quote Originally Posted by dhanesh View Post
    press scan button on the panel first then touch online status. use adobe photoshop to scan an image FILE>IMPORT>NETWORK SCAN GEAR
    I think this poster is quite aware on how to use this utility.

The APP installs, but he just can't see the scanner option from those twain compliant applications.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    On second thought, I doubt it would have installed if it was a 32 vs. 64 bit issue.

I don't remember offhand which port number the utility uses, but maybe it's blocked.

This could be caused by a number of security utilities, such as Norton, McAfee, etc...

Even if there in nothing running on the workstations, it could be blocked on the network.

(I had a Sonic Wall drive me bonkers a few years ago, as well as Black Ice at another account.)

If possible, try connecting using a crossover cable to eliminate the network.

BTW... My favorite utility to test with is Irfanfiew. It works great, is about a 2 MB download, and is totally free. (Not a trial or shareware, but freeware.)
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Canon iR 2200 - ScanGear installed, Test works, but no Scanner installed

Quote Originally Posted by HughOD View Post
    I must be missing something.

We have an imageRunner 2200. I have the ScanGear Tool v2.2.1 installed. I have detected the printer / scanner properly (10.10.15.250). I select it, and test. All is good.

If I go to any scanning software (Adobe Acrobat, Word, MS Fax & Scan, etc)... there is no twain device available for scanning.

Doesn't the Window OS have to detect a scanner? I have tried this on Server 2003 and Windows 7... and can't seem to get the OS to know there is a scanner is there.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you,

Hugh
    Check out his first post.
    I don't think anything is blocking network scan gear. Its already been detected.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

What version of Word are you using? If you are using 2007 or higher then you need to make a Macro for the scanner to work.

What version of Acrobat? You need to have Acrobat Standard or Professional.

Scangear does not have drivers for windows 7 yet.

dartonp

Smile Fix

I have found a fix for this after months of frustration.

Remove SP3 release of Office 2003, may need to completely uninstall.

Install Office 2003 and only install SP2 as an update (do not install SP3 and Decline SP3 if using WSUS). Then install all office updates except Office SP3, office will upgrade this way to SP3 and you will be able to use the scanner.

NickC

Re: Canon iR 2200 - ScanGear installed, Test works, but no Scanner installed

Hi,
    I found your issue via Google. I am having the same issue with my IR 2200 and Scangear 2.2.1. I am on Win 7 x64. The scanner worked fine until a few days ago, then just quit. Win fax/scan and Vuescan no longer sees the Scangear 2.2.1. The only thing I can figure is that there was a security update to Windows. When I use Gimp (photoediting) it CAN see the Scangear and the 2200 seems to scan normally. How can one program see the scanner and another can't?

Quote Originally Posted by HughOD View Post
    I must be missing something.

We have an imageRunner 2200. I have the ScanGear Tool v2.2.1 installed. I have detected the printer / scanner properly (10.10.15.250). I select it, and test. All is good.

If I go to any scanning software (Adobe Acrobat, Word, MS Fax & Scan, etc)... there is no twain device available for scanning.

Doesn't the Window OS have to detect a scanner? I have tried this on Server 2003 and Windows 7... and can't seem to get the OS to know there is a scanner is there.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you,

Hugh

jgramlich

Canon does not support Windows 7 x64 for the ImageRunner 2200 series.

I've been on the phone with multiple Canon sources this morning and was so livid with them I've taken the pain in the arse of registering for this forum to tell anyone who comes along and find this dead thread on google.

CANON DOES NOT SUPPORT WINDOWS 7 X64 for the older ImageRunner copiers.

If you get it to work, you're lucky. I can get their Network Scangear (2.21 & 2.30) tool to work with Microsoft OneNote 2013, but not MS Paint and not Adobe Acrobat XI. Canon will not support their older, yet working, products.

I recommend you all not buy Canon.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jgramlich View Post
    Canon does not support Windows 7 x64 for the ImageRunner 2200 series.

I've been on the phone with multiple Canon sources this morning and was so livid with them I've taken the pain in the arse of registering for this forum to tell anyone who comes along and find this dead thread on google.

CANON DOES NOT SUPPORT WINDOWS 7 X64 for the older ImageRunner copiers.

If you get it to work, you're lucky. I can get their Network Scangear (2.21 & 2.30) tool to work with Microsoft OneNote 2013, but not MS Paint and not Adobe Acrobat XI. Canon will not support their older, yet working, products.

I recommend you all not buy Canon.
    Don't you think it a bit nervy to expect support on a 10 year old machine? Not just Canon, but any manufacturer?
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins