Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    End User 250+ Posts
    In that case a service contract would put me out of business. If I have to pay over 10 tens the cost per page for genuine supplies than I do with compatibles/refills ($700 for canon cartridges, $150 for compatibles of identical quality, $40 for refills, why in the world would I buy $700 cartridges from a company that doesn't give a crap about it's customers in the first place) then that makes no sense whatsover, the running cost would make me loose over 20 cents per sheet I'd sell rather than make a good profit. Anyway the MF requires no maintenance, all "wear-out-able" parts are user replaceable and built into the cartridges.

And I got this MF8350 as an intro to laser printing to see if I can make money with the 6 times higher cost per page (and that's using refills). If it works well I'll buy a bigger HP that ends up costing less per page, this was my first and last Canon printer.

Quote Originally Posted by iRC View Post
    At first: Your MF is quite small device. I bet the dealer wouldn't make contract to it.

There are different types of service contracts. We usually make a contract which includes everything else except papers and finisher staples. Customer pays certain amount of money for one page (that certain amount is some cents or even less).

If you want a contract which doesn't include toners, the price of the one page will decrease. But you must buy genuine cartridges yourself (Canon or Canon's authorized dealers won't make contracts if you use other manufacturer's compatible toner).

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar
    In a word, (err or a few) a larger machine usually has a larger drum, a larger drum will (usually) last longer than a smaller drum (they don't have to work as hard and don't have to turn as much as a smaller drum)
    HTH
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Dude why do u want another laser machine? Since can run ink for a lower price a page then laser, whats the use? Lasers can touch ink's qualities if they are at least 20k-30k. I'm talking about the IP C1. Then ink machines can run real heavy coated paper with ease.

See yourself lucky, u can run ink cheaper, not much ppl can. Toss the laser and continue using ink.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Question about drum life

Well, that's the point, isn't it? If the guy's so happy with inkjet, why the hell he keeps bothering us with his ramblings?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Somehow the putz seems to think that injet printers are discussed at this site. Manuals4you gave him a hinted link to move on, but the moron did not get it.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.