Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon Direct Techs

Im considering going to work for Canon Solutions and have several questions for Canon direct techs.

What kind of gas reimbursement do they use?
    Do they use fleet vehicles for service?
    About parts ordering, do they come into an office or are replenishments sent to your home? Do they have strict numbers for car inventory or is it up to your discretion what you carry?
    Are they number crunchers adding up "screwdriver" time and evaluating results for calls back, parts used etc?
    Do techs maintain strict territories or cross over never maintaining the machines over time.
    Has there been any merit increases put on hold or cut backs in pay over the last couple of years?
    What kind of bs have you had to put up with lately?
    Have there been any wrinkles in the Oce Canon merger?
    Are there different service divisions that take care of higher volume machines?

And anything else you care to add would be appreciated. Thx

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by randiman View Post
    Im considering going to work for Canon Solutions and have several questions for Canon direct techs.

What kind of gas reimbursement do they use?
    Do they use fleet vehicles for service?
    I got a company station car.

About parts ordering, do they come into an office or are replenishments sent to your home?
    Parts were put into my car by an overnight courier. They got a key.

Do they have strict numbers for car inventory or is it up to your discretion what you carry?
    I could deside my carstock my own, but

Are they number crunchers adding up "screwdriver" time and evaluating results for calls back, parts used etc?
    Canon is all about numbers, they account every job on every number. labour time, parts, repeats, Return to fit, fix first visit. etc. car stock levels, cycles of parts. etc. Just bloody everything. And yer yearly evaluations is not on competence but on numbers.

Do techs maintain strict territories or cross over never maintaining the machines over time.
    We got territories, but sometimes u have to cross over when some area is short on hands. U never do any maintenance if u are on strange territory, since u are never gonna return there.

Has there been any merit increases put on hold or cut backs in pay over the last couple of years?
    Not really, just a hold on vacancies, even if areas are short on peopple.

What kind of bs have you had to put up with lately?
    Notthing, left for a dealership this year.

Have there been any wrinkles in the Oce Canon merger?
    Not yet. But there will be soon.

Are there different service divisions that take care of higher volume machines?
    Just a sepperate one for Imagepress and + 100ppm b/w machiens.
    And anything else you care to add would be appreciated. Thx
    I live in the Netherlands... ahahhaaa
    Last edited by Fer; 10-30-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Technician
    Looks like I would fit in pretty well. Ive worked for corps until recent 2 yr gig with a dealer. Arghhhh! Chaos central. Make money despite the poor organization. The owner is decidedly non service oriented and except for the ability to leave and be home by quitting time its not a good fit.
    So, was it the daily corporate bs you put up with, surely it wasnt the increase in pay with the dealer?