Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

C3220 vertical line

Our C3220 have strange vertical line, it affect all colors and is from top to bottom of the sheet, not always at the same position, it can move about 1 inch left or right, but it's always on the right side of the sheet and it don't show on every print (About once every 5 copy)

My first reflex was to check the ITB unit, I disassembled it and everything was perfect, not dirty at all, the drive roller was not dirty either, the Secondary transfer internal roller was a little bit more dirty but not enough to explain the problem.

I cleaned everything and the problem is still there.

Here is pictures of the problem, it really look like a roller speed synchronization problem or something like that.

Thanks for the help.

Senior Tech
    Hey There..
    I bet this only happens on A3 and SRA3 and more then likey you see it more on heavy weight paper but never on A4 plain or heavy weight!!!
    And u hear a cluck sound just before the hole sheet exits the fuser..
    This can be your fuser assy, top roller with flat spot BUT if u only see these lines on the rear of prints i wouldn't waste my time changing the fuser Assy because when i had this problem in the past by changing the fuser made on differents and was a waste of time and money.. I only change the fuser unit if i see flat spots repeating all the way down the print..
    The way i fix this is by adjusting the fuser speed up or down in service mode 2..

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C3220 vertical line

Quote Originally Posted by Hyksos View Post
    Our C3220 have strange vertical line, it affect all colors and is from top to bottom of the sheet, not always at the same position, it can move about 1 inch left or right, but it's always on the right side of the sheet and it don't show on every print (About once every 5 copy)

My first reflex was to check the ITB unit, I disassembled it and everything was perfect, not dirty at all, the drive roller was not dirty either, the Secondary transfer internal roller was a little bit more dirty but not enough to explain the problem.

I cleaned everything and the problem is still there.

Here is pictures of the problem, it really look like a roller speed synchronization problem or something like that.

Thanks for the help.
    Your Issue could be a fixing problem-Remove fuser-check rotation of unit to look at rollers - may have a flat spot/ gear could be damaged/ bushing on end may have popped out.

items below are for a ITB or Laser Issue

does your PG10 look like this below>
    PG_10.JPG
    PG_1_10.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Your Issue could be a fixing problem-Remove fuser-check rotation of unit to look at rollers - may have a flat spot/ gear could be damaged/ bushing on end may have popped out.

items below are for a ITB or Laser Issue

does your PG10 look like this below>
    PG_10.JPG
    PG_1_10.JPG
    Yes your right but that would mean you are also seeing this problem in A4 prints, If so i would be changing or repairing the fuser unit..
    But if its not in A4 or A4R,
    Like you sed before Hyksos "roller speed synchronization problem"

"items below are for a ITB or Laser Issue

does your PG10 look like this below>"
    That would only be used if your getting rego shift.. Are you??

Technician
    I will do the PG_10 test later tonight.

We print on 28lbs 8.5X11 paper, but the problem happen on 20lbs paper aswell.

The banding are from top to bottom of the sheet on the long side, perpendicular to the feed direction.

My fuser is making weird noise when it's rotating, when I put my hand on it I can feel it shaking, so I guess the problem is really with the fuser...

I will open the fuser unit and let you know what I found!!

Technician
    Ok, I finally had some time to check this problem, here is the PG10 test page:

So it really point toward a fuser problem.

I disassembled partly my fuser, the gear are perfect, but the top roller have flat ... I rotate it and I can see them and feel it while rotating, there seem to be 4 flat, one after the other, then for all the remaining rotation it's perfectly smooth...

I guess the flat can't be removed?? Why there's so many flat?? And what should we do to prevent them??? The machine was bought used and was probably in storage for some time, but that should explain only one of the flat no?

So the solution is to replace the top roller, do you guys have any favorite online shop for parts?? Other then precisionroller?

Thanks

C3220 vertical line

Ok, I finally had some time to check this problem, here is the PG10 test page:

So it really point toward a fuser problem.

I disassembled partly my fuser, the gear are perfect, but the top roller have flat ... I rotate it and I can see them and feel it while rotating, there seem to be 4 flat, one after the other, then for all the remaining rotation it's perfectly smooth...

I guess the flat can't be removed?? Why there's so many flat?? And what should we do to prevent them??? The machine was bought used and was probably in storage for some time, but that should explain only one of the flat no?

So the solution is to replace the top roller, do you guys have any favorite online shop for parts?? Other then precisionroller?

Thanks

We usually replace the entire unit / Canon authorized dealers can buy refurbed units/ roller can be changed if u have time and experience

when a machine is in storage- u release the pressure green lever/ it is the same lever u tell customer to release when there is a jam paper, so they don't tear paper in unit

Firmware released a while ago adjusted fuser rotations while printer is in sleep or energy saver mode.

replacing with a rebuilt unit= less headaches in future

Rebuilt units=cost about 270.00
    see link>http://www.oeo.com/product_info.php?products_id=347

very hard to find rebuilt units online/ above link looks legit / I would call them first/ they post a 800#

Technician
    DC-CON is 38.02, do you know if the fix was already there in this version?

We might go for the rebuild unit, about half the price of a new one, thanks for the link.

C3220 vertical line

DC-CON is 38.02, do you know if the fix was already there in this version?

We might go for the rebuild unit, about half the price of a new one, thanks for the link.

that is the latest DCON-38.02 , came with v90.03

Flat spot Mod mod was in DCON 33.02 -v81.01

DCON Version 33.02 will cause the fixing roller to rotate from 0.5 sec. to a random sequence so that the
    fixing roller will not rotate into the same position repeatedly, thereby preventing deformation of the fixing
    roller.

roller may have developed flat areas before storage

that is a great unit price if u can get it

Technician
    Ok, little update.

Do not do business with OEO.COM, they never answered a single of my question, total lost of time.

I found an other shop that rebuild fuser, I got my fuser and these guys are real professional, the fuser look like new and it's working flawlessly, no more line on my print yay

It's Fusion Image Technology, at Fixing Assemblies, Fixing Film Units - Fusion Image Technology
    The manager, Bob, answered me directly and offered me really great service and they are very fast, I highly recommend them and they have very good price, go check them!