Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    what is customer complaint now ??
    they are complaining about what I posted in the first post here. If you leave the machine alone for 15 minutes in standby, when you go to print to the machine it receives the job , the machine gets ready to print and stays there running for about a minute then prints the documents, this happens in printing or copying functions.

It just sits there and runs with "waiting to print" in the display

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    image runner 5055 takes a long tme to....

Default of reservation copy after restoring from Sleep mode is "reservation copy is accepted, but it takes 30
    or more seconds until copy starts". By setting the following Service mode, you can change this setting to
    "reservation copy is not accepted until printer is ready (for 30 seconds)."
    COPIER > OPTION>BODY > DWT-SYNC
    0: It takes for 30 seconds if reservation copy is not set. If reservation copy is set, it takes 90 seconds at the
    maximum. (Default)

1: Reservation copy is not accepted until printer is ready (30 seconds). However, in case of the setting which
    reservation copy is not accepted until printer is ready (30 seconds), there is a timing which copy can be
    accepted for approx. 1/100 second (Start button turns to green for a moment), and if a copy is made with this
    timing, it takes 30 or more seconds until copy starts.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by pjdbm View Post
    they are complaining about what I posted in the first post here. If you leave the machine alone for 15 minutes in standby, when you go to print to the machine it receives the job , the machine gets ready to print and stays there running for about a minute then prints the documents, this happens in printing or copying functions.

go in and check the values for dpot
    / Laser could be malfunction

COPIER>DISPLAY>DPOT>VL2M
    for printer images:
    COPIER>DISPLAY>DPOT>VL2M-P
    reading=70v [+or -15v]

go in Level 2 in service mode & change this to "0"
    COPIER > OPTION > BODY>PO-CNTMD Use it to select the number of times the potential control mechanism goes on.
    0: once at power-on
    1: once at power-on and, in addition, 10 and 60 min thereafter (simplified potential control
    mode)
    2: once at power-on and, in addition, 10 and 60 min thereafter (normal potential control
    mode; default)

got it all down, I have to go back tomorrow and do this. I am under a lot of pressure because I just sold this machine, he is not paying in full until it is fixed.

I know you are putting in a hell of an effort in helping me here, I shall return the favor somehow in the future. Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

hMMM Not to side track anything but in my experience with 2270 like boxs.... " waiting to print " has been said to be a boot rom that is loose . Reset the rom. A bad ribbon cable from main cont. Or replace main controler. However those problems usually resulted in a NO print result. Not a 120 sec wait. Hell, the 120 wait might be a new feature of the latest software, network they are on?

Quote Originally Posted by Simons View Post
    hMMM Not to side track anything but in my experience with 2270 like boxs.... " waiting to print " has been said to be a boot rom that is loose . Reset the rom. A bad ribbon cable from main cont. Or replace main controler. However those problems usually resulted in a NO print result. Not a 120 sec wait. Hell, the 120 wait might be a new feature of the latest software, network they are on?

read entire issue from the start/ machine can print/
    complaint is about the wait time

Ok Tekcat,

Went back this morning to machine and they had no issues with "waiting to print" with the pot-ct off.

However copies were still dirty,

I went into service 2 and set PO-CTMD to 0 and turned off and back on the machine.

I still had dirty copies so I adjusted the Dev bias from 180 to 280 and that cleaned up the copy except for a thin black line. I brought the dev bias up to 320 and it had no effect on the black line so I brought it back down to 180.

I tried to increase the laser output from 176 to 200 and that had no effect on the black line so I brought that back to default.

I went into exposure and made copies lighter and that had no effect on the black line.

I am giving the machine a day to settle in and will call them tomorrow for results.

VL2M= 118
    VL2M-P= 122

Firmware for finisher is 5.02 (but this problem happen with the finisher totally disconnected )

Firmware for Boot 33.53

RUI = 53.01

mn-Cont = 55.01

I will let you know tomorrow how I am making out, very stressful situation.

Ok Tekcat,

Went back this morning to machine and they had no issues with "waiting to print" with the pot-ct off.

However copies were still dirty,

I went into service 2 and set PO-CTMD to 0 and turned off and back on the machine.

I still had dirty copies so I adjusted the Dev bias from 180 to 280 and that cleaned up the copy except for a thin black line. I brought the dev bias up to 320 and it had no effect on the black line so I brought it back down to 180.

I tried to increase the laser output from 176 to 200 and that had no effect on the black line so I brought that back to default.

I went into exposure and made copies lighter and that had no effect on the black line.

I am giving the machine a day to settle in and will call them tomorrow for results.

VL2M= 118
    VL2M-P= 122

Firmware for finisher is 5.02 (but this problem happen wit the finisher totally disconnected )

Firmware for Boot 33.53

RUI = 53.01

mn-Cont = 55.01

I will let you know tomorrow how I am making out, very stressful situation.

What black line / post a PIC

VL2M= 118
    VL2M-P= 122

those numbers are too high/ Laser could be the issue here

Those numbers were taken with PO-CNT off.

What black line / post a PIC
    My Canon ir3200 copier/scanner here has missing HD (lent out to a tech and never returned) I will find another way to post it.