Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

image runner 5055 takes a long tme to....

I just picked up a ir 5055 with 180k on it and only a few years old... anyway, I got it ready for resale and I am testing it out and I notice if i leave the machine alone for an hour or so and then come back to it and press the print key, it accepts the command and goes into a "wait" for a minute or two then makes the copy,

I also noticed when the machine jammed in finisher, after removing jam and closing the finisher cover, it took a few minutes to get to "ready" again.

Is this normal for these newer Canons?

I have sleep mode set for 4 hours and machine goes into quiet mode in 1 minute.

If the machine is being used regularly its fine but when she sits it does this.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pjdbm View Post
    I just picked up a ir 5055 with 180k on it and only a few years old... anyway, I got it ready for resale and I am testing it out and I notice if i leave the machine alone for an hour or so and then come back to it and press the print key, it accepts the command and goes into a "wait" for a minute or two then makes the copy,

I also noticed when the machine jammed in finisher, after removing jam and closing the finisher cover, it took a few minutes to get to "ready" again.

Is this normal for these newer Canons?

I have sleep mode set for 4 hours and machine goes into quiet mode in 1 minute.

If the machine is being used regularly its fine but when she sits it does this.

Turn off all those waste of time -TIMES SETTINGS

Waiting To Print

check to see if the Fixing temperature is rising. If it is, try disconnecting the Finisher. If the imageRUNNER will come to ready with the Finisher disconnected there may be a fault in communication with the Finisher, even though no error code is indicated.

Check to see if the Staple Cartridge is properly seated. It has been found if the Cartridge is not fully seated in the Stapler the above symptoms may be observed.

"waiting to print,"

The iR, along with the finisher will cycle up and come to a ready to copy state. When the copy start key is pressed, the document will be scanned, and the display will indicate "printer is warming up," "waiting to print," "preparing to feed paper" and the iR will cycle.
    If the System Monitor is checked, you will see a STAPLE LOADING message.
    main cause of this issue is that the finisher has run out of staples or the staple cartridge is missing or not properly installed.

Issue can also occur if the Actuator on the bottom of the Staple Cartridge is not making contact with the Micro- Switch in the Staple Unit. Sometimes, the Actuator may be missing or damaged. If it is missing or damaged the Stapler Cartridge should be replaced.

Cart.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

nice, I will check into all this.

Its amazing, I can have weeks and months of smooth sailing then all hell busts loose.

Thanks again!!

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Definitly check the staple cartridge first. Check the fuser section. I've seen a faulty shutter cause this type of issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

well, I disconnected the finisher and waited a good half an hour to 45 minutes and went in and pressed the copy key and it took a good minute and a half to come out. message said wait with fans kicked in.

This machines is in a garage in NY and its about 55 degrees in it.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdbm View Post
    well, I disconnected the finisher and waited a good half an hour to 45 minutes and went in and pressed the copy key and it took a good minute and a half to come out. message said wait with fans kicked in.

This machines is in a garage in NY and its about 55 degrees in it.
    This machine should warm up in 30 seconds. The type of fuser has Induction heating. That shutter has to open. When you put this machine on and you hear that rattling sound for about 2 to 3 secs, that the shutter mech opening up the shutter. Also make sure that the firmware is up to date. Not sure if you are a tech? Are you?
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

yes, I am an indy for 20 years and working on machines for 26, mostly Kyocera but some Canon.

I just cleaned all the thermistors and manually turned the shutter and all looked good. this machine has 180k on it

I have my IT guy who is Canon Authorized , he has the latest firmware, he will be doing the networking so I will ask him to flash the machine while he is there.

No problem... Happy to had assisted.

Oh well, had the machine flashed today and still happens.

The guy my IT guy spoke to said it might be normal. I just cant see how this could be normal, I cant see how on a 13k machine a customer would have to wait 120 seconds after the machine has been sitting for over a half an hour to make a copy.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    In the service mode change the method of potential control