Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLC800

chestersmoker

CLC800

Hello people!

I'm in procint to buy a used Canon CLC800 unit. When i first saw the price, i asked myself "hey this can't be real" because the man asks for it about 400 euros (500 USD more or less). Ok, i went to the seller, i saw the machine in good condiction, he says the machine is built in 2001-2002 (i don't know how to verify, and i'll be grateful if anyone could tell me). I'm a computer technician, but i don't know how to judge the healt of a copier machine. He said that the copier is not being used by a year...
    Ok, let's go into the trouble. He turns on the machine, after a couple of minutes it's ready to copy but... when he tries to copy, the copier gave this error:

"Errore E061: spegnere e riaccendere la copiatrice" which in english should be "Error E061: restart the copier". So i turned off, turned on again and tried to copy but the error stays on. The error represents only when you try to copy, i mean that the machine turns on, does its check and goes ready, but when you try to print something... error! I tried to restart 3-4 times, but no success.
    By the way... even if it doesn't work, at that price, worth buying? How can i check the drum state?

Sorry for my bad bad english and for my too many questions, but i need to know as much as i can...
    Could anyone help me?

Many thanks!

Service Manager 250+ Posts

e061

if you don't fix canon clc's do try
    the 061 code can be one of twenty things
    bad transfer sheet bad transfer sensor tie wraps too tight bad bk sensor could be a bunny brush issue gotta have some experience and at least a manual

as for date thats about right pricing is a little high i can get them for 200 us all day

good luck

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    I can't say for sure when the last CLC800s were built, but I can tell you that the first ones were in 1993-1994. Although they were made for some time, I think the 2001-2002 is a bit of a stretch.

While this model was the best thing out there during its time, that time has long passed.

Even if you get past the current error code, I really doubt that you'll be able to get parts for it, and this machine did go through parts, and all of them were expensive.

You didn't mention if the deal included a RIP to print with. Is there one. or are you only wanting top make copies?

I would think your money would be better spent if you put it towards something a bit more current.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    CLC800

the clc 800 is a rather old mashine, better you leave it alone; in addition, the e061 (drum potential error) is a sign for a worn out drum, even if you would be able to get a new one, it will cost you a pile of dollars. So save your money and go getting a newer one like ken assumed
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    CLC800

Quote Originally Posted by chestersmoker View Post
    hello people!

I'm in procint to buy a used canon clc800 unit. When i first saw the price, i asked myself "hey this can't be real" because the man asks for it about 400 euros (500 usd more or less). Ok, i went to the seller, i saw the machine in good condiction, he says the machine is built in 2001-2002 (i don't know how to verify, and i'll be grateful if anyone could tell me). I'm a computer technician, but i don't know how to judge the healt of a copier machine. He said that the copier is not being used by a year...
    Ok, let's go into the trouble. He turns on the machine, after a couple of minutes it's ready to copy but... When he tries to copy, the copier gave this error:

"errore e061: Spegnere e riaccendere la copiatrice" which in english should be "error e061: Restart the copier". So i turned off, turned on again and tried to copy but the error stays on. The error represents only when you try to copy, i mean that the machine turns on, does its check and goes ready, but when you try to print something... Error! I tried to restart 3-4 times, but no success.
    By the way... Even if it doesn't work, at that price, worth buying? How can i check the drum state?

Sorry for my bad bad english and for my too many questions, but i need to know as much as i can...
    Could anyone help me?

Many thanks!

do not buy this printer/ it is too old/parts are expensive/ there are still lawsuits against canon pending on this clc700/800 series

e061/ that drum is over $800.00 us to replace/ there are over 100 tech pubs on this model that u can't even find anymore
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

chestersmoker
    Thanks guys! I was thinking that the age of the machine could be a brake... and in fact this is the only fault.

KenB, yes, there's a RIP included and the seller would "gift" me with two or three toners.
    I would have used the machine not only for copies, but even for printing and scanning on a small LAN. Assumed that i need a copier, the CLC 800 has just everything i need and it does the job for me. But if spend 500USD to buy, and i need a new drum (assumed that the problem is the drum) it would cost me about 1000USD (here, i don't know there).
    But... there's a but! Here in Italy used office machines cost a lot! For example, a used Ricoh Aficio cl 7000 costs about 3000USD.
    Teckat, what do you mean when you say "there are still lawsuits against canon pending on this clc700/800 series"? Why?

If you say that it doesn't worth the buy, i just would check elsewhere... if you're so glad to advise me on some machine which has the same tech specs, but more affordable spare parts and a newer one... which one do you think could be similar to the CLC 800 (remember that price, even a pair of hundreds USD more...) because i'm in need.

Another thing: has the CLC 800 one drum or has multiple drums (one for each color)? How can i check the drum health?

Many thanks again!

CLC800

Thanks guys! I was thinking that the age of the machine could be a brake... and in fact this is the only fault.

KenB, yes, there's a RIP included and the seller would "gift" me with two or three toners.
    I would have used the machine not only for copies, but even for printing and scanning on a small LAN. Assumed that i need a copier, the CLC 800 has just everything i need and it does the job for me. But if spend 500USD to buy, and i need a new drum (assumed that the problem is the drum) it would cost me about 1000USD (here, i don't know there).
    But... there's a but! Here in Italy used office machines cost a lot! For example, a used Ricoh Aficio cl 7000 costs about 3000USD.
    Teckat, what do you mean when you say "there are still lawsuits against canon pending on this clc700/800 series"? Why?

If you say that it doesn't worth the buy, i just would check elsewhere... if you're so glad to advise me on some machine which has the same tech specs, but more affordable spare parts and a newer one... which one do you think could be similar to the CLC 800 (remember that price, even a pair of hundreds USD more...) because i'm in need.

Another thing: has the CLC 800 one drum or has multiple drums (one for each color)? How can i check the drum health?

Many thanks again!
    The seller is a liar, Canon Company launched the CLC 800 in 1992/1993. With the Worldwide rush out there were so many problems with the CLC700 In the first four months, Canon was being sued by every major company that had one. The same case happened on the CLC800 when rushed out to make up for the 700 horror show.

that error E061=needs an experienced tech to investigate
    u need a tech to replace Parts/developer changes/web changes -and on and on~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    u need the RIPS software in case it crashes-
    Parts are expensive & hard to find=
    DRUM=500>800 US- Only one Drum
    Drum Blade>??
    Service Kits 20k/40k= can not get them/
    Transfer Sheet>??
    Transfer Cleaner brushes>??
    Attraction & Transfer units>??
    TONER=M-C-Y-B =EA cost about 60/70.00 us a bottle
    Starter/Developer= 45/50.00 a bottle for ea color
    Fuser Oil=70/80.00 a bottle
    Fuser Rollers= ?? upper/lower
    WEBS>??
    Oil Pad/Oil blade>??

ALL THIS ADDED UP MEANS MONEY

You are better off buying a used low volume imageRunner 3220 w/a fiery rip on EBAY - then wasting money on this tank

Call an authorized Canon dealer and see what they have to offer/explain your office needs/ must be an honest dealer in town

chestersmoker
    Ok teckat, got it. I'll look up for anything else than CLC800

Your indication of imageRunner 3220 is just perfect, but... the only thing is that i live in Italy, and it seems that here is not a so much selled product. Well, i didn't found anything, neither the toner. Maybe is just for the US market? It's a shame, because in the States i found something for about 800 dollars... that just would be great!
    Regarding your "must be an honest dealer in town" well... i wish i could find one.

Ah, i found the Fuser Rollers for about 70-80 USD (both upper/lower).
    Thanks!

CLC800

Ok teckat, got it. I'll look up for anything else than CLC800

Your indication of imageRunner 3220 is just perfect, but... the only thing is that i live in Italy, and it seems that here is not a so much selled product. Well, i didn't found anything, neither the toner. Maybe is just for the US market? It's a shame, because in the States i found something for about 800 dollars... that just would be great!
    Regarding your "must be an honest dealer in town" well... i wish i could find one.

Ah, i found the Fuser Rollers for about 70-80 USD (both upper/lower).
    Thanks!

I believe In Europe the iR3220 is called a CLC3220

Canon CLC3220 Digital Colour Printing Press - Canon UK

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-CLC3220-...item5ad6c4ed81

It is stated on product above METER Is rolled back to 0- U can roll all meters back to 0 Except on these models the TOTAL METER OR Listed as Total101 -can not be rolled or fixed to 0, if it is that is against the law anywhere

chestersmoker
    Ah man, many thanks! This is great! I found a (they say) refurbished copier for about 1500 USD, but it's in the opposite part of Italy I don't care where it is, i'll pay about 300USD of shipping. But... you know... i hope that it's really in good condition!

Thanks again!