Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy Canon Imagepress C6000 serious issues!

Hi,

We have a Canon Imagepress C6000 which we bought new less than a year ago. It was seemingly running smoothly until about 2 months ago. Since then we have been plagued with issues. Our service level tech guy doesnt seem to know what he's doing and the machine is suffering from more downtime than anything else.

At the moment we are having a very serious issue with the following error code:

E000194-0115-05

When the machine is first switched on in the morning, it can take an hour or more to start. It has to be restarted over and over until the dens readings are read correctly and the machine can finally boot. Yesterday it was 0 reading from P-B-S-C, today it was 0 reading from P-B-S-K. All other readings are <240.

The tech has replaced the sensors, all of them, done his usual bits and pieces and leaves. However, during each day, at different stages of printing the machine bombs out, and takes about a half hour or an hour to get going again.

Whether unrelated or not, we recently had an issue with what appears to be lumpy yellow toner + developer running in a streak along the edges of SRA3 prints. After 100 or so prints it eventually runs out, but generally returns the next day.

The E000194 is our biggest issue as it renders the machine unreliable and causes serious downtime. I wont pretend to know anything about the machine, but I have done as much research online as possible. As a test, when the machine failed to boot due to the 0 reading from P-B-S-K this morning, I pulled out the belt tray to look at the patches. There was only 3 for the C M and Y, but no patch down for K - dont know why this is, or whether this is normal.

I would really appreciate any help on this, as I've totally given up on our Canon tech ever solving the issue.

Many thanks,
    Terri
    Last edited by dataprintathy; 11-09-2010 at 11:55 AM.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon Imagepress C6000 serious issues!

Quote Originally Posted by dataprintathy View Post
    Hi,

We have a Canon Imagepress C6000 which we bought new less than a year ago. It was seemingly running smoothly until about 2 months ago. Since then we have been plagued with issues. Our service level tech guy doesnt seem to know what he's doing and the machine is suffering from more downtime than anything else.

At the moment we are having a very serious issue with the following error code:

E000194-0115-05

When the machine is first switched on in the morning, it can take an hour or more to start. It has to be restarted over and over until the dens readings are read correctly and the machine can finally boot. Yesterday it was 0 reading from P-B-S-C, today it was 0 reading from P-B-S-K. All other readings are <240.

The tech has replaced the sensors, all of them, done his usual bits and pieces and leaves. However, during each day, at different stages of printing the machine bombs out, and takes about a half hour or an hour to get going again.

Whether unrelated or not, we recently had an issue with what appears to be lumpy yellow toner + developer running in a streak along the edges of SRA3 prints. After 100 or so prints it eventually runs out, but generally returns the next day.

The E000194 is our biggest issue as it renders the machine unreliable and causes serious downtime. I wont pretend to know anything about the machine, but I have done as much research online as possible. As a test, when the machine failed to boot due to the 0 reading from P-B-S-K this morning, I pulled out the belt tray to look at the patches. There was only 3 for the C M and Y, but no patch down for K - dont know why this is, or whether this is normal.

I would really appreciate any help on this, as I've totally given up on our Canon tech ever solving the issue.

Many thanks,
    Terri
    Hi Terry.

We need to know how many copies have machine.Smell like itb issue.

clean to sensor surface of the color registration patch sensor.

Execute the itb gloss recovery mode (COPIER>FUNCTION>HV-TR>ITB-GLS)

execute auto color displacement correction control.(COPIER > FUNCTION > MISC-P > AT-IMG-X)

Hi zoraldinho,

Thanks for your reply. Machine counter says 823,547 copies since installation. I have execute both those things.

EDIT:

ITB-GLS says NG! on START, what does this mean?

EDIT 2:

After running AT-IMG-X, I ran ITB-GLS and it ran fine, giving the OK!

This looks promising!
    Last edited by dataprintathy; 11-09-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dataprintathy View Post
    Hi zoraldinho,

Thanks for your reply. Machine counter says 823,547 copies since installation. I have execute both those things.

EDIT:

ITB-GLS says NG! on START, what does this mean?

EDIT 2:

After running AT-IMG-X, I ran ITB-GLS and it ran fine, giving the OK!

This looks promising!

This symptoms looks like you need a new ITB belt.Also you need a click contract.

Hi Zoraldinho,

We have a click contract. The technician for the company we deal with is completely useless.
    The belt was changed about 8 weeks ago.

A few times execute AT-IMG-X and clean sensors:

PS134
    PS135
    PS136

Good luck.