Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C5180 Fiery has E3

C5180 Fiery has E3

I have a C5180 with a Fiery on it that shows E3 in the display......can anyone tell me what that is and how to fix. My other option would be if I can take the fiery off and just put a N bootrom in the copier. I know I can do that on a C3220 but is it possible on this model?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C5180 Fiery has E3

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    I have a C5180 with a Fiery on it that shows E3 in the display......can anyone tell me what that is and how to fix. My other option would be if I can take the fiery off and just put a N bootrom in the copier. I know I can do that on a C3220 but is it possible on this model?

E3 CODE is = install or re-seat memory DIMM IN imagePass
    e3.jpg
    E3 error code on the diag display, it means that the RAM chip [DIMM] is missing. To resolve the problem, install RAM in the DDR DIMM 2. If this chip is already there, re-seat the memory stick.

mageRUNNER C5180 / C4580 / C4080 / C5180i / C4580i / C4080i Installing the UFRII/PCL Printer Kit-N1 or the PS Option-N1 on the imageRUNNER C5180 / C4580 / C4080 Series
    UFRII/PCL Printer Kit-N1 or the PS Option-N1 installed on the imageRUNNER C5180 / C4580 / C4080 Series? Is there an N Boot ROM for the C5180 / C4580 / C4080 Series?

Answer :
    Note - UFRII/PCL Printer Kit-N1 is standard on the imageRUNNER C5180i / C4580i / C4080i models. It is an option for the imageRUNNER C5180 / C4580 / C4080 models.

There is no N Boot ROM for these models
    . There is only a C Boot ROM.

In order to print using the UFRII/ PCL Printer Kit-N1 or the PS Option-N1, you should receive a LAN number in the kit and MUST register it online using the License Management System. The key must then be entered on the machine in Additional Functions > System Settings > scroll down > License Registration. Press 'Start' on the License Registration screen and then reboot the copier.

To verify the printer kit is installed:

1. Press the Counter Check button, then hit 'Device Configuration'. If the printer kit is installed, it will be displayed here (ex. UFRII/PCL Printer Kit).

OR

2. Check the LCNS-TR setting under Service Mode Level 2 > Copier > Option. The ST-LXUFR and ST-PCL should be set to '1', if the UFRII/PCL Printer Kit-N1 is installed. The ST-PS should be set to '1' only if the PS Option has been installed. If these options are set to '0', it means that the option is not installed.

* Remember that the PS Option-N1 requires the UFRII/ PCL Printer Kit-N1 and the iR 512MB Expansion RAM-C1 (bringing total memory on copier to 1.5 GB).

In order to print via TCP/IP, make sure the RAW and LPD Settings are turned 'On' under Additional Functions, System Settings, Network Settings, TCP/IP Settings. LPD may be set to 'Off' by default.

* Note: The Printer Kit license can be transferred from 1 machine to another, the same way a Universal Send Kit can be transferred. Make sure to have the disable code when calling the TSC to perform the transfer. On the i models (C5180i / C4580i / C4080i), the printer kit is standard and cannot be transferred.

imageRUNNER C4080 / C4580 / C5180 / C4080i / C4580i / C5180i

Basic feature differences between the imageRUNNER C4080 / C4580 / C5180 and imageRUNNER C4080i / C4580i / C5180i models?

IMPORTANT NOTES on the imageRUNNER C4080i / C4580i / C5180i: OLD SPECIFICATION: The 'i' models are a value package for corporate environments. Corporate environments that print from popular Microsoft Office applications and DO NOT print graphic intensive documents and DO NOT require true Adobe Postscript 3 output can benefit from purchasing the 'i' models which will offer complete functionality for the office in one package. The 'i' models only support the UFRII/PCL Printer Kit-N1 (which comes standard) and the optional PS Printer Kit-N1. The optional imagePASS H1 and ColorPASS GX100 controllers ARE NOT available on the 'i' models.
    UPDATED CURRENT SPECIFICATION: The specifications for the 'i' models have changed. The required Open Interface Board is now available for purchase, allowing the Fiery controllers to be connected to the 'i' model machines.

----------------------------------------------------------

Copier Memory (RAM):

All models come standard with 1 GB of RAM. To enable some optional functions, it is necessary to install the iR 512MB Expansion RAM-C1 to expand the memory capacity of the machine to 1.5 GB.

* PS Printer Kit -N1 and Secure Watermark-A1 require the iR 512MB Expansion RAM-C1.

Available Print Controller Summary:
    Copier Models: Supported Print Controllers: imageRUNNER C4080i / C4580i / C5180i - UFRII/PCL Printer Kit -N1 (standard)
    - PS Printer Kit -N1 * (optional)
    - imagePASS H1 ** (optional)
    - ColorPASS GX100 ** (optional) imageRUNNER C4080 / C4580 / C5180 - UFRII/PCL Printer Kit -N1 (optional)
    - PS Printer Kit -N1 * (optional)

- imagePASS H1 (optional)
    - ColorPASS GX100 (optional)
    * PS Printer Kit-N1 requires that UFRII/PCL Printer Kit-N1 and iR 512MB Expansion RAM-C1 be previously installed.

** Requires the optional Open Interface Board on the 'i' models.

Basic Feature Comparison Chart:

- The Universal Send PDF Advanced Feature Set-A1 includes Searchable PDF mode, Trace & Smooth PDF functionality, and PDF High Compression Mode.

- The Universal Send PDF Security Feature Set-A1 includes Encrypted PDF mode and Digital Device Signature mode.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C5180 Fiery has E3

imagePASS C2 / G1 / J1 / H1 / T1
    imagePASS LED Errors
    On boot up the imagePASS may display a 2 digit LED error code

Code Details
    Normal boot in process, or normal operation
    FF
    Failed boot for any reason except the listed below: E3 RAM DIMM not usable: No DIMM loaded, or DIMM failed, or DIMM socket is bad.
    1b
    Hardware problem in the DIMM socket area. Visually inspect for manufacturing errors or damage.
    b3
    The board failed around either the memory checking or during/after enumeration of the PCI devices.

Please examine the following when this code occurs:
    - check the RMA DIMM areas of the PCBA
    - check the SouthBridge IC soldering
    - check the voltage rails listed in the debugging spreadsheet
    DIMM 52/118pin contact failure
    > see below
    17> " "
    4b> " "
    8a All of those error codes relate to the northbridge area (U170). Please visually inspect and maybe try to replace or xray the northbridge.
    C0
    Under investigation( DIMM socket 0 or DIMM?)
    C1
    Under investigation( DIMM socket 1 or DIMM?)
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**