Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    teckat,
    Here's what I found.
    Looking into the machine during the pick up cycle, I can see all the rollers and solenoids operating as (I think) they should. If I drag my finger on any of the gears that transfer the rotation energy to the feed rollers, the gears on the feed roller side of the pickup clutch stop turning . This is with a minimum amount of force. It seems that the pickup clutch is slipping. I cleaned all the excess grease from the hub and spring inside, but it didn't seem to help. I was thinking if I could heat up the hub enough to remove it and not distort it or the gear, I may be able to swap it with the hub from the 34t gear.
    I know I'm grasping at straws, but "I'm on a mission from God" so I'm willing to try anything to get this going again.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon PC920 Sheet feader won't feed from tray

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_V View Post
    teckat,
    Here's what I found.
    Looking into the machine during the pick up cycle, I can see all the rollers and solenoids operating as (I think) they should. If I drag my finger on any of the gears that transfer the rotation energy to the feed rollers, the gears on the feed roller side of the pickup clutch stop turning . This is with a minimum amount of force. It seems that the pickup clutch is slipping. I cleaned all the excess grease from the hub and spring inside, but it didn't seem to help. I was thinking if I could heat up the hub enough to remove it and not distort it or the gear, I may be able to swap it with the hub from the 34t gear.
    I know I'm grasping at straws, but "I'm on a mission from God" so I'm willing to try anything to get this going again.

Check your PM
    PC1.JPGPC.JPG
    Last edited by teckat; 11-23-2010 at 06:21 AM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Well I finally got the right part from world of fax. PC920 Clutch.jpg
    They sent me the wrong part and won't take it back because I chose it from a parts breakdown they faxed me (which was for a similar, but wrong machine). I installed the part and made a few copies. Everything seemed OK, except the registration was slightly off, so I put the machine back together. Now it only copies the first half of the original on the trailing half of the copy paper. It will copy the whole page using the manual feed section, if I slip a second sheet overlapping the first. Back to the drawing board. I tried adjusting the registration settings, but it's more than that. I'll check the sensors and post my findings. Copy quality is pretty good with new cartridge. It was too dense actually, so I'll adjust it once I get the registration issue resolved.

sounds like a reg.roller timing issue
    From the cassette, multifeeder, or single-feeder, copy paper is picked up and is controlled by the registration roller so that its leading edge will match the leading edge of the image on the photosensitive drum; it is then moved through the transfer,
    separation, feeding, and fixing assemblies to reach the copy tray.

The machine has three types of pickup rollers, i.e., cassette pickup roller, multifeeder pickup roller, and single-feeder pickup roller, and each of these rollers are operated by the drive of the main motor switched by means of a gear unit. (In other words, only one roller is driven at any one time.)

Controlling the Registration Roller
    The registration roller is controlled by a spring clutch, control ring, pre-registration roller paper sensor (Q751), and registration clutch solenoid (SL2).
    The microprocessor on the DC controller PCB turns on the registration clutch solenoid at a specific timing in response to the paper detection signal from the pre-registration roller paper sensor.
    When the registration clutch solenoid turns on, the claw will leave the control ring, and the drive of the main motor will reach the registration roller to move the copy paper to the photosensitive drum.
    reg.JPG

The machine is equipped with four sensors used to monitor the movement of copy paper.
    PS3=
    Delivery sensor
    PS4=Vertical path roller paper sensor
    PS5=Single-feeder paper sensor>=Single-feeder model only
    Q751=Pre-registration roller paper sensor

Check the registration clutch.
    Check the pickup roller, pickup clutch, and cassette position

check that Cassette spring force

OK, OK, I'm stupid. Or at least I was stupid when I put the gear assembly of the registration roller back together. I checked and re-checked everything. FINALLY, I noticed the control ring was turned around. I put it in the wrong way! Dumb dumb. I turned it back around and low and behold 5 beau-ti-ful copies came out of the machine. I just have to tweak the registration adjustments to get the lead edge where I want it to be. Well it only took a month, but I got it, by George I've got it.

Huge thank you, a gold star for patience and my respect go to teckat. Thanks for all your assistance. Merry Christmas from Woostah, Massachusetts
    Thank you to all the people of copytechnet.com. I could not have done this with your forum

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_V View Post
    OK, OK, I'm stupid. Or at least I was stupid when I put the gear assembly of the registration roller back together. I checked and re-checked everything. FINALLY, I noticed the control ring was turned around. I put it in the wrong way! Dumb dumb. I turned it back around and low and behold 5 beau-ti-ful copies came out of the machine. I just have to tweak the registration adjustments to get the lead edge where I want it to be. Well it only took a month, but I got it, by George I've got it.

Huge thank you, a gold star for patience and my respect go to teckat. Thanks for all your assistance. Merry Christmas from Woostah, Massachusetts
    Thank you to all the people of copytechnet.com. I could not have done this with your forum

Thumbs up.jpg

Way to go~~~~~~~~~~~~~Patience ,Observation & Procedures always pay off
    !!