Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    You need to go to service mode and check the jam codes to see if you have delay or stationary jams and at what sensors. Make sure the key on the gear is in the slot of the UFR. And as blackcat mentioned the transport bed fan could be defective or you don't have any separation on charge unit.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    IR 550 jams at fuser rollers - simple cure?

What are you referring to when you say 'end block'? and does the machine doing one copy at a time okay but jams if I set it to do multiple copies, provide insight?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi, thanks for all the input. Here is what I found on the error code and jam code, that I think is relevent.
    Jam
    1112 0 010B 3
    1113 0 010B 3

Err
    1103 0015-0000
    1104 0015-0000

Right now I am using an older machine printing 11 x 17's by scanning 2 8 1/2 x 11's, taking the copies back to the tray then doing a second side, then doing it again for the next inside page, and on and on. Then folding by hand. I sure would like to figure out whats wrong with the 550. It is so much cleaner and faster.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Here are some pictures. The gear and key looks good (if this is the one you were talking about)ir 550 brown gear.JPG There are two fansthat might be the ones you were asking about one in the back, which I changed already looks like thisir550 fan 5.JPG and one in the front to the lower left of the brown gear here, ir 500 fan 3.JPG the contacts all look good and clean and I am assuming this is what is meant by the 'block'? ir550 end block.JPG Kay so now that I have the whole thing in pieces???

I remember having some trouble with the lubricator film a few thousand copies back, it seemed as if it wasn't moving, would stick in one place. I'd get dirty copies, open it up roll it manually ahead, clean up the toner and roller a bit, then it would be good again.

Just more info to try and narrow this down.

Thanks

Merv

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

can u swap or replace H.V. AC Transformer

main drive assembly
    ????
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Yeah, if I knew where and what that was?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

IT'S WORKING AGAIN!!!

Thanks for all the ideas and the guidance. I had the whole damn thing dismantled, looking for what everyone was describing, then put it all back together and it started working again. Hmmmmm.

Only thing I can figure is a connection might have been left off during an earlier tray feed roller repair. I took off the circuit board on the back left side , the one that slides forward and lifts out. There is a single connection at the top, three at the lower left and one at the lower right. When looking around, after I removed that board, I saw the lower right one hanging loose and didn't remember taking it off this time. Maybe just alztimers, cause the machine printed a few thousand booklets since I had that off during the earlier repair.

But I figured I'd just screw the thing back together and try it.

Viola, I have just printed off a hundred booklets with no trouble.

Me happy guy now!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

probably the Paper Pick-up Pcb

Gold-award.jpg
    good work, pays to back tract sometimes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Glad you got everything working...sounds like you had a ghost living in the copier.

I did want to add this comment though b/c I experienced it. Sometimes when that series sits and isn't used for a long time the fuser and other rollers can get flat spots and it screws up the timing and causes jams. Something to keep in mind if any further problems persist.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It also sounds like the web wasn't advancing when you referred to the lubricator film. The assembly on front of the fuser has a series of gears and one way bearings that advance the web. I've had gears crack and the web doesn't advance so keep an eye on that.