Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Canon NP6317 shadows

Hi! I have very strange problem with this np 6317.

I change OPC kit, fixing roller, fixing roller bushings, pressure roller, oil roller, clean everything, set fixing roller pressure with C13 procedure, set heater temperature C9 on 190 Celsius (cant set more but in SM says up to 230) and still I have shadows on copies. What, where, how???? I try with other Drum unit ( but when forced work with open front doors I cant see shadows on copies when passing on redelivery belt so i think that problems are in fixing unit but where) have no idea? please help!!!!!!
    Last edited by shomyx; 11-17-2010 at 08:54 AM.

Technician
    Well I think that I found where is problem! I clean toner unit from old toner , and put new one, and all my problems ( I hope ) are gone!!! possibly moisture in toner, old toner or replacement toner ( maybe I never found out)...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Canon NP6317 shadows

You went in the wrong direction with your fusing temperature, set it to 160-165 degrees celsius
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

petra

Edge Shadows

Hello,

I have a problem with my old np6317. The drum roller is dirty at the edges and the copies are out with both shadows. I attach an image

I have cleaned the rollers of the toner and drum but in the next copy, the shadows on the copy and the dirty in the drum droller is here again.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

PD: Sorry for my english.

Quote Originally Posted by petra View Post
    Hello,

I have a problem with my old np6317. The drum roller is dirty at the edges and the copies are out with both shadows. I attach an image

I have cleaned the rollers of the toner and drum but in the next copy, the shadows on the copy and the dirty in the drum droller is here again.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

PD: Sorry for my english.
    hi...if you working on A4 paper size change the orientation to A4R and see if the same problem still on..if doesn't replace the drum and cleaning blade..or the entire drum unit
    i hope this help
    regards

hello l have lot of work in this model of canon np6317 ...last day l repaired two copiers canon np6317 ...so firstly we should be use the original toner ..or other same bast ..like KATUN ...other something ..because this model is very old ..most model of np6317 and np1550..6220... have bad toner unity ...l think her time is over ...some np6317 have 256369 in her counter ...so we must be found the new toner unity ...second l agree our tech Montana you should be check the best with A4R ..it have difference in her developing surface ....but ..it have any relation by the fusion section ...the shadows problems in developing section ...good luck ..and we wait for any other problems ..
    BEST TECHNICIAN . NICE PEOPLE .

Technician
    For using KATUN toner I must say NO ! for that model wery bad toner . I have wery bad expiriance with that toner for this model ( a lot of black dots, shadowing text,after making cca 1500-2000 copies you have layer of toner on fixing roller what is wery problematic,etc...) dont use that toner- I stoped. If you not shure where shadows start use one trick- open front cover, put screwdriver in slot with switch, turn on make copy and just observe paper from beginig to end of copy proces, but in this case probably is OPC and cleanig blade for OPC.

Edge shadows

This is my first post, so hello all.

Right the edge shadows as shown in the picture attached by Petra are down to worn drum unit.
    The shadows on the 6317 are usually down to toner issue in the dev unit, if all other service work is done ie, clean optics, drum filter glass etc...
    replace and test, should be fine.
    I hope this helps

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copys View Post
    This is my first post, so hello all.
    Welcome aboard!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Canon NP6317 shadows

Hi everyone.

I decided to ask here, rather than opening a new thread. I came across one of these oldies and could use some help, since I'm not a Canon tech. I've had a vertical void on copies, so I cleaned optics, but it didn't help. Than i cleaned the drum corona, and the void was gone but copies became black as you can see here: scan.pdf

Any tip much appreciated.