Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Question iPRC1+ Banding line issue

Dear all,

Good day. Any ideas to resolve the banding lines issue on c1+? Currently my customer upgrade their c1 machine to c1+,they encountered c1+ banding line issues more obvious than c1. We can easily to see when print PG type 5 or midtone color.

I tried to change ITB unit, drum unit, 2nd transfer unit and ITB drive motor but no improvement at all. Any ideas? is it can be solve?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    iPRC1+ Banding line issue

without seeing samples it will bifficult to troubleshoot on this machine. But with the list of parts you have replaced I would check the drive assemblies...not just the motors. Start with the ITB and drum drive. If the meter count is high the gears are probably worn.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pga View Post
    Dear all,

Good day. Any ideas to resolve the banding lines issue on c1+? Currently my customer upgrade their c1 machine to c1+,they encountered c1+ banding line issues more obvious than c1. We can easily to see when print PG type 5 or midtone color.

I tried to change ITB unit, drum unit, 2nd transfer unit and ITB drive motor but no improvement at all. Any ideas? is it can be solve?

I dont wont to scare you but we have seven c1+ machines and all have the same problem
    like yours.All modifications cant make better machine.When you print half tone see
    dark lines.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Dear all,

banding has been an issue on these models from the start
    / some clients don't even notice

post some pics of single color pg5's
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    yes. normally we won't let customer see PG type 5 but they can try print any files in 40-50% midtone and all banding lines appear. The Drum/ITB Drive ass'y already changed even is new machine. The system firmware got upgrade to latest but yet no solve.
    Some of my customers very concern on it and they may did compared with C1 printout.
    I wonder why c1 machine not obvious on banding issue but c1+ very obvious on it.
    i tot c1+ will be more better and improved from c1....but.....sad...
    anymore advice?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

yes. normally we won't let customer see PG type 5 but they can try print any files in 40-50% midtone and all banding lines appear. The Drum/ITB Drive ass'y already changed even is new machine. The system firmware got upgrade to latest but yet no solve.
    Some of my customers very concern on it and they may did compared with C1 printout.
    I wonder why c1 machine not obvious on banding issue but c1+ very obvious on it.
    i tot c1+ will be more better and improved from c1....but.....sad...
    anymore advice?
    Customer is printing COLOR at 40/50% ! how much paper coverage are u talking about ? if it is over 10% coverage on letter , they should have purchased a imagePress 6000

When u print a PG5 with all 4colors, do u see a rainbow banding effect ???
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    In some machines the problem is obvious, in other less...
    It's an limit of this printer engine......