Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Technician 250+ Posts
    Why not just set it to manual answer?

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    He says he did, and got the same result.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I really do not want to get involved in this little 'battle' going on here but I feel the need to throw in my two cents.

First off, yeah aab1 has kind of a silly situation going with the electrical, but give me a break. Who has the money to turn around and shell out a few hundred dollars for something that you can make work, albeit, with a workaround. Are you telling me that when you pop a circuit breaker at home for having two space heaters on and running the microwave you call an electrician and have your house be rewired!? Be reasonable. We are ALL in the business to make money. If your expenditures are higher than your gains.....it's common sense. If aab1 can save the money until they have the petty cash to make things more functional, the more power to them. That's just being smart.

(Sometimes it comes down to more than money. I'm a huge environmentalist and would make the same effort to reduce pollution - not even considering my electric bill. The same reason our kids are taught to turn off the tap while brushing your teeth)

Secondly, why go after the user for using a forum? Isn't that what it is for...free help from like people? Yeah, after reviewing some of aab1's posts I wanted to hit them, but lets keep it personal if that's the way it's gonna be. This is a legitimate question and I feel it deserves an honest answer and not an attack. Lets save the attacks for posts talking about using food powder as toner (that was pretty stupid man....people come on this site during there breaks to try and help people...quit wasting their time).

Third, How can you be worried about people like aab1 stealing our business? This is the kind of person (no offense) that tries to fix everything themselves. You're not going to change their mind on that no matter what. Further more, my company has profited from these types of people. Every time they try to fix one thing they break it twice as much. Means more cost in parts (which if I know they did it I mark it up more :-D ) and more time which means more labor.

Maybe I'm just a firm believer of "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" or something but I don't believe the user deserved the feedback received on this post. It goes against the whole purpose of this site. Wait until they post some more stupid shit then go after them. Don't do it on a legitimate thread that may actually help other people.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    While we are on the subject aab1, I suggest you stop being a moron. You are gonna run out of people to help you when you honestly need help.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    What's the setting to stop the printer from preheating whenever the phone rings?

Admittedly , an over-reaction on my part. But the fact is, he's only here for free copier service. That's it. Nothing more.

How hard is it to run a 20A service to a new outlet? Cost: $50 in materials? Not that hard to try to think of a workaround. How about roll the MFP to another outlet. Why ask copier techs about an obvious AC wiring issue?

aab has taken cheap to the point of obsession. Obsession to the point of stupidity. I've said all I'm going to on the subject, or to aab.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dinkyoaf View Post
    Lets save the attacks for posts talking about using food powder as toner (that was pretty stupid man....people come on this site during there breaks to try and help people...quit wasting their time).

Third, How can you be worried about people like aab1 stealing our business? This is the kind of person (no offense) that tries to fix everything themselves. You're not going to change their mind on that no matter what. Further more, my company has profited from these types of people. Every time they try to fix one thing they break it twice as much. Means more cost in parts (which if I know they did it I mark it up more :-D ) and more time which means more labor.
    The food powder was obviously just a joke.

About people like me making you money, it's the other way around, if I was an average user I would have had to call for a tech for my $700 inkjet a few times, but I was able to fix them all myself in minutes (bad contacts on duplexer sensor [bent them back into place], bad carriage motor after 200 000+ prints [took one out of my older printer and replaced it], and modified it to do 50 000 prints with $200 of ink [0.4 cents per full color page], I posted a photo of mod and video in business forum).

So every single problem I had I was able to fix myself rather than call a tech. Actually on my older $1200 inkjet (previous version to the one I have now, they used to cost more) when I had a problem that both me and HP couldn't fix, they just sent UPS to pick up the 70 lbs printer and delivered a brand new one all completely free.

Actually there is one time I made a problem worst but I knew I was taking a risk, my older $1200 high speed business inkjet needed it's carriage rod lubricated after 80-90 000 prints, I couldn't find the right lubricant in stores so I took a risk and tried silicone lubricant, it immediately got much worst and sounded like birds getting beat up inside whenever it was printing. Shortly after (10-20k prints later) the carriage motor died from the stress caused by the bad lubricant, but it had already paid itself many times over (it was also modded to print full color pages at 0.4 cents a page) and a newer faster 35 pages/minute version came out (the old one was only 25ppm) that was only $700 so I didn't even bother to replace the $5 motor.

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    How hard is it to run a 20A service to a new outlet? Cost: $50 in materials? Not that hard to try to think of a workaround. How about roll the MFP to another outlet. Why ask copier techs about an obvious AC wiring issue?
    The printer is only going to be in this location for another few months, that's why it's not worth adding a circuit.

And my question wasn't about an AC wiring issue, it was simply on how to make the machine stop pulling 1200 watts each time the phone rings, even when it has it's own circuit in a few months, I will still want a way to disable this as it wastes as much power as making a cup of coffee each time the phone rings.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What's the setting to stop the printer from preheating whenever the phone rings?

Just like your other post, you're an asshole!!! Go away. Everything you've come to this forum with has been all bullshit and I'm probably not the only one that doesn't believe a word you say.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    125 posts and still a Rep Power of zilch.

Kinda says it all, doesn't it?

Go figure.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

No end user honestly looking for help would go to a tech site like this and start a thread about fruit powder in a toner cartridge or any of the other far fetched threads he's started.