Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    Just like your other post, you're an asshole!!! Go away. Everything you've come to this forum with has been all bullshit and I'm probably not the only one that doesn't believe a word you say.
    That's funny 'cause I can prove myself right on most points with a single picture that proves:
    -That I replaced the carriage motor (see arrows pointing where I soldered the new motor wires to the old ones and covered in electrical tape, the motor from the printer I took the motor from had a different plug so I had to splice and solder the wires)
    -That I in fact have the machine connected to four 1 liter ink bottles, and 1 liter per color does make 50 000 color pages (at probably an average of 20-30% coverage, so at least 200 000 at 5%, the ink is extremely dark, even the bottle of yellow ink looks like black ink so it needs very little)

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    What's the setting to stop the printer from preheating whenever the phone rings?

Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    That's funny 'cause I can prove myself right on most points with a single picture that proves:
    -That I replaced the carriage motor (see arrows pointing where I soldered the new motor wires to the old ones and covered in electrical tape, the motor from the printer I took the motor from had a different plug so I had to splice and solder the wires)
    -That I in fact have the machine connected to four 1 liter ink bottles, and 1 liter per color does make 50 000 color pages (at probably an average of 20-30% coverage, so at least 200 000 at 5%, the ink is extremely dark, even the bottle of yellow ink looks like black ink so it needs very little)

Dude no one gives a toss about your fucking inkjet abortion, no matter how much you wanna talk it up, this is a copier tech forum, where techs come to give and receive valuable info about LASER printers and copiers. Do you see a forum here titled DIY inkjet dreams? I didn't thinks so.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    No end user honestly looking for help would go to a tech site like this and start a thread about fruit powder in a toner cartridge or any of the other far fetched threads he's started.
    That thread was a joke in case you really didn't realize it.

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    Dude no one gives a toss about your fucking inkjet abortion, no matter how much you wanna talk it up, this is a copier tech forum, where techs come to give and receive valuable info about LASER printers and copiers. Do you see a forum here titled DIY inkjet dreams? I didn't thinks so.
    Exactly, this is a copier tech forum, and that is a high speed 35 ppm business inkjet copier & fax, so it perfectly fits the forum subject (other than this is the canon forum and that isn't a canon machine). Nowhere does it say this is about laser based machines only, copiers can use different printing technologies and the fastests and lowest cost per page machines are inkjet in any price range (for the same price or even less, an inkjet is always much faster and lower cost per page than a laser based machine). Try to find a $200 laser that prints in color at 35ppm like $200 inkjets do, try to find a $25 000 laser that prints at 150 ppm like $25 000 inkjets do. And likely this year memjet is putting out a $200 inkjet that prints at 60ppm and 3600 dpi I beleive.

Can someone please do a abortion on this guy.

Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Can someone please do a abortion on this guy.
    I think it's already been done and this is the result, does Texas still have the death penalty?
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    If you would create a catalog of all your threads, this would catalog every single cheap customer, exceeding the paper specs, won't pay an electrician, save $0.03 cents by unplugging the machine, reusing the waste toner, re-filling the cartridges, pulling out the cartridges so it won't do color calibration, ... did I miss anything?

Everyone of us gets a few of these 'special' customers. The difference is they pay a $125.00 service charge to ask these questions. It all comes down to the same thing. You saved $10. Whoo Hoo! Now you owe the tech $125.00. Maybe we can just totally re-design your machine for you to save you every possible penny, then re-wire your building for you, then give you some free cartridges, then do all of this for you for free? Would that be enough, or do you have any other requests? =^..^=
    He does sound like that rape me over the coals person I had to deal with recently...

::grrr baby grrr::

Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    So far I "saved" well over $3000 in just over a month by refilling and using remanufactured cartridges (it costs me $40 and 20 minutes of work to refill a set of cartridges instead of $700 for new ones). I also never reused any waste toner. I didn't really save it though because I would never pay $700 for cartridges that make 2800 prints at 5% coverage, that's absolutely insane when my inkjet can print that much for $10 instead of $700.

If I had to pay $700 per 2800 prints I never would have gotten the machine in the first place and would use only my inkjet. Even with the refills it still costs me 6 times more per page than inkjet but it's worth it for the times I want water resistant prints. I calculated how much it would cost me per page using refills and re manufactured cartridges and assuming I get 3 refills per cartridge before even considering buying the machine.

I use it for my businesses I run and without refills I'd be loosing money rather than making money so it would make no sense to buy it if I was going to pay $700 per 2800 prints.
    See Blackcat, now you got him started on those son-of-a-biatchin' ink refills...haha.

Dare I ask, but didn't you say or someone say that they have water resistant inks...b/c that was one advantage of laser to begin with?

Man, I hate Yugos...ever see the movie drowning mona where everybody drives one...great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Haven't you heard? Everything on the internet is free!

You don't have to pay for anything. You just ask, then somebody does it for you. Like those manuals that we're reading out of (because you can't?), ... well they're not free. And the many years of experience accumulated here, .. well they weren't free. And that Yugo that you make your deliveries in, ... well that might have been free.

Attachment 7313

This isn't really a forum for technicians to share ideas. This is really a charity for very green printers. Our real objective is to drive ourselves out of business by giving away our services. Oh wait, you wouldn't have paid for any professional services. That won't work! Well, we'll just have to think of some other way of driving ourselves out of business. =^..^=

Mike Jakson
    I think it's already been done and this is the result, does Texas still have the death penalt........