Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

c5185 NIC (print controller) part number

Does anyone know the part number for the network card (print controller) and also the SCSI on the c5185? Customers Fiery got knocked from a storm and the replacement didn't resolve it. Gonna try replacing the NIC in the machine.

Does the 3200 card (FG3-3135) work? I would assume not. Thanks in advance.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dinkyoaf View Post
    Does anyone know the part number for the network card (print controller) and also the SCSI on the c5185? Customers Fiery got knocked from a storm and the replacement didn't resolve it. Gonna try replacing the NIC in the machine.

Does the 3200 card (FG3-3135) work? I would assume not. Thanks in advance.

No on 3200 nic

what exactly is the issue with the 5185 & Fiery H1 ??? Error Codes/Printing/Power/Connections ?

Color imageRUNNER C5185 / C5180 / C5185i / C5180i / C4580 / C4580i / C4080 / C4080
    The part number for the NIC is FM2-9253-010
    The interface cable for imagePass H1 v1.1=FH2-7042-000

nic.JPG
    Last edited by teckat; 11-30-2010 at 04:55 AM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Excellent. Thanks Teckat. Well they had a bad storm roll through the area. Machine would still copy but all network functionality was dead. (Fiery plugged directly in to the wall - No form of surge suppression) We sent them a new Fiery with no improvement. My Canon tech wants to swap out the NICs. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by dinkyoaf View Post
    Excellent. Thanks Teckat. Well they had a bad storm roll through the area. Machine would still copy but all network functionality was dead. (Fiery plugged directly in to the wall - No form of surge suppression) We sent them a new Fiery with no improvement. My Canon tech wants to swap out the NICs. Thoughts?
    does the H1 have power ? / check LED window on H1 for errors/ open H1 -Check connections

Read this H1 Guide below, could help
    imagePass H1 SG.pdf

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Disable the H1 in service mode, and try to connect the network directly to the copier. U can test the nic for free.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fer View Post
    Disable the H1 in service mode, and try to connect the network directly to the copier. U can test the nic for free.

AH why have I not thought about that!? Good idea. Thanks. That's what sucks about being a tech. Sometimes you get so used to the complicated issues you forget to start with the basics. Or at least I do..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

we had an H1 get taken out by a lighting storm at a power plant none the less. You can also try connecting your laptop to the copier via a crossover cable to see if you can ping the device that way. More than likely the storm took out the motherboard on the H1, but i would pull it apart and check the power supply with a meter to see if you have voltage coming out of it.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    we had an H1 get taken out by a lighting storm at a power plant none the less. You can also try connecting your laptop to the copier via a crossover cable to see if you can ping the device that way. More than likely the storm took out the motherboard on the H1, but i would pull it apart and check the power supply with a meter to see if you have voltage coming out of it.
    Poster said they replaced the damaged Fiery - and received same results