Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: iR1023if

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    iR1023if

iR1023if

Alright, I have a problem. I have a couple of these machines that I bought wholesale and I am trying to test the scan function out on them. I have a router with 3 computers and i installed one of these machines to the network. I can print ok to the machine using PCL. I am trying to figure out SMB Scanning. I have smb set to "on". It then wants a "server", and then a "host" name.

I also hear that I have to set up DNS to get the scan to file to work. All I have is a router and a workgroup called "workgroup". I'm a little lost.

other machines, I just set smb by searching for the file on the display. Don't know what would be my host name or server name..............help

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR1023if

Quote Originally Posted by copicatt View Post
    Alright, I have a problem. I have a couple of these machines that I bought wholesale and I am trying to test the scan function out on them. I have a router with 3 computers and i installed one of these machines to the network. I can print ok to the machine using PCL. I am trying to figure out SMB Scanning. I have smb set to "on". It then wants a "server", and then a "host" name.

I also hear that I have to set up DNS to get the scan to file to work. All I have is a router and a workgroup called "workgroup". I'm a little lost.

other machines, I just set smb by searching for the file on the display. Don't know what would be my host name or server name..............help
    Look in here>>>>

iR_1019_1023_quick_start_guide.pdf

TCP.doc

SMB Printing for the imageRUNNER-iR Series

imageRUNNER-iR using the internal Canon Printer Kit to enable SMB printing

In order to set the machine to be ready for SMB printing, do the following: 1. Press the Additional Functions button and select System Settings as shown here.

Note: If you are prompted for the system manager ID and password, enter the values as required to gain access. Otherwise continue.
    2. Select Network Settings.

3. Select SMB Settings.

4. Now, enable SMB and specify the Server, Printer, and Workgroup you will be using.

Server: this is the name of the computer which the machine will appear as.
    Printer: this is the printer name of the machine.
    Workgroup: this is the name of the workgroup to which the machine will belong.
    * Note: If there is no workgroup in the environment, create one within Windows and enter the workgroup name.
    5. Press Next.

Add any comments here if necessary.

6. From this screen, specify the LM Announce settings. When it is set to 'On', the machine notifies the LAN manager of its existence on the network. When you are done press OK.
    Note: TCP/IP must also be configured properly on the copier.
    On the workstation that will print to the Canon device:
    Verify the PC has the following protocols and services installed:
    - TCP/IP (properly configured)
    - NetBEUI
    - Client for Microsoft Networks
    - File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks

Make sure that the workstation has TCP/IP configured correctly and that the Workgroup name is the same as the Canon device This is done by right clicking Network Neighborhood - select Properties- and select the Configuration tab to setup TCP/IP and the Identification tab to set up the Workgroup name.

Double-click the Network Neighborhood icon to display your network environment, and browse for the Canon device.
    Note: The amount of network traffic will determine the time it will take for the Canon device to show up in Network Neighborhood. If you do not see your Canon printer displayed, you can go to Start>Find>Computer and enter the name of the Canon printer. If it is not found, then you have a communication or configuration problem. Please make sure to add the Canon printer's IP address and Server Name to the hosts file. Make sure the hosts file has no extension and that you can ping the Canon printer by IP address and by name.
    Once you have the printer driver installed:
    Go to Start>Settings>Printers.
    Select the Canon printer - right-click and select Properties.

Select the Details Tab>Add Port>Network port>Browse.
    From this window - double click on the Canon printer and select the Printer name (the name configured on the copier in the SMB Settings).
    Select Apply and OK. Select the General tab and 'Print a Test Page' to ensure that you can print.

Note: The 'Get Device Status' and Job Accounting features will not function through a SMB port. Use an LPR port instead if these features will be used.
    Last edited by teckat; 11-30-2010 at 04:12 AM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    iR1023if

Ok, thanks, I got the smb scan to working.

The customer needs this scanner to show up under Windows XP cameras and scanners section. I evidently need something called "scangear iR" that originally came with the machine. Wish I had a factory CD but I don't. I Cannot find this anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it. I did find the iR Toolbox that I evidently need also. It is for the iR1022. Help appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR1023if

Quote Originally Posted by copicatt View Post
    Ok, thanks, I got the smb scan to working.

The customer needs this scanner to show up under Windows XP cameras and scanners section. I evidently need something called "scangear iR" that originally came with the machine. Wish I had a factory CD but I don't. I Cannot find this anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it. I did find the iR Toolbox that I evidently need also. It is for the iR1022. Help appreciated.

First u mention the iR1023iF ? = is not eligible for ScanGear

Now u mention the iR1022 ??

Look at link below for 1022 ScanGear/
    it is listed on bottom of page
    Color Network ScanGear v2.43

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppor...ersAndSoftware
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**