Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Question Lost Printing with Dept ID management

Device: iRC3380
    Network status: Peer to Peer, no server, not outside IT consulting.
    Last know change: No change to network and no software installed since copier installion.

History:
    This copier was working normally for over a year. Customer moved the copier from the front office to the rear office, network still the same no changes at all.

About a week ago after they moved the copier they all lost printing. Dept ID Management was on and was working up until this time, as per customer description.

I went to their office and tried everything I know, the only way that their copier will print normally is if I turn off Dept ID Management.

They have Norton 360 on two of the PC's I was working on and I turned them off and all windows based firewalls.

Still no printing and unable to get "Device Status" from the copier on either PC.

I suspect some software is blocking but I have no idea what, and what get me is that all four pc's went down at the same time in a peer to peer enviornment.

Anyone have any ideas?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Lost Printing with Dept ID management

Quote Originally Posted by seantydingco View Post
    Last know change: No change to network and no software installed since copier installion.

History:
    This copier was working normally for over a year. Customer moved the copier from the front office to the rear office, network still the same no changes at all.

About a week ago after they moved the copier they all lost printing. Dept ID Management was on and was working up until this time, as per customer description.

I went to their office and tried everything I know, the only way that their copier will print normally is if I turn off Dept ID Management.

They have Norton 360 on two of the PC's I was working on and I turned them off and all windows based firewalls.

Still no printing and unable to get "Device Status" from the copier on either PC.

I suspect some software is blocking but I have no idea what, and what get me is that all four pc's went down at the same time in a peer to peer enviornment.

Anyone have any ideas?

see if u can get Device Status from a Laptop connected to the 3380
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Lost Printing with Dept ID management

Quote Originally Posted by seantydingco View Post

History:

Anyone have any ideas?
    Connect a laptop with a crossover directly and confirm if indeed its the machine. Seems like a network issue.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Technician
    Yeah thats what we decided to do tomorrow to make sure its not on the machine side. We shall see.