Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: irc2550?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ikon Princess's Avatar

irc2550?

Okay I know you people are smarter than me. Finisher s-1?. I am helping another tech here is the problem:
    jam code 0209
    tech says the jogger of the finisher hits the paper too hard and crunches it on the sides.
    My question is:
    are there any adjustments to the jogger?
    if so what do I tell him?
    Maybe system software?

I tell them I am not tech support(they don't listen) but just another tech trying to just get from 8 to 5 and they keep calling me. K.C. where are you...,Screwtape???tekat??? help!

oh yah, no error code was given to me.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    irc2550?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikon Princess View Post
    Okay I know you people are smarter than me. Finisher s-1?. I am helping another tech here is the problem:
    jam code 0209
    tech says the jogger of the finisher hits the paper too hard and crunches it on the sides.
    My question is:
    are there any adjustments to the jogger?
    if so what do I tell him?
    Maybe system software?

I tell them I am not tech support(they don't listen) but just another tech trying to just get from 8 to 5 and they keep calling me. K.C. where are you...,Screwtape???tekat??? help!

oh yah, no error code was given to me.
    That is a finisher Z1 you are attempting to repair. This could help in your fight with this one:

The Delivery Rollers on the Finisher Z1 are not turning on causing jam code 0209. Paper is jamming at the Finisher inlet.

Solution :

Check the input voltage to the Finisher Controller at J12. J12 pin 1 should be reading 24 volts. If the voltage is missing check the voltage back at the Accessory Power Supply PCB at connector J644 pin 3 it should read 24 volts. If the voltage is missing replace the Accessory Power Supply PCB, part number FK2-3077-000.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    irc2550?

Here is another for you, good luck.

Intermittently, 0209 Jams are Occurring in the Finisher-Z1
    Problem :
    The 0209 code is a stationary jam at the Number 2 Delivery Sensor PS1A. Intermittently, 0209 jams are occurring in the Finisher Z1. The machine would jam regardless of paper size. While running the copier with the covers off the finisher, it was noticed that the paper was hitting the center green inlet guides and hesitating. Upon further inspection, it was also noticed that the two center green inlet guides were higher than the two outside guides.

Solution :
    In this case, replacing the Feeder Guide Assembly (FM2-0658-000) in the finisher resolved the issue.

Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ikon Princess's Avatar
    Thanks charm, I will pass on the information and hopefully I won't have to do an assist. I'll let you know what happens.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    irc2550?

Re: irc2550?

Problem :
    The 0209 code is a stationary jam at the Number 2 Delivery Sensor PS1A. Intermittently, 0209 jams are occurring in the Finisher Z1. The machine would jam regardless of paper size. While running the copier with the covers off the finisher, it was noticed that the paper was hitting the center green inlet guides and hesitating. Upon further inspection, it was also noticed that the two center green inlet guides were higher than the two outside guides.

Solution :
    In this case, replacing the Feeder Guide Assembly (FM2-0658-000) in the finisher resolved the issue.

[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue as this old post (0209) and so I replaced the Feeder Guide Assembly as suggested above. Now the paper will go in but stops before it exits. I'm afraid I put something back wrong but the manual isn't showing me enough detail to figure out what. The jam code is now 1101. I replaced the delivery sensor just to make sure it didn't coincidentally go out. If someone can think of something I may have done wrong I would appreciate any suggestions.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    irc2550?

Re: irc2550?

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    Problem :

Solution :

I had the same issue as this old post (0209) and so I replaced the Feeder Guide Assembly as suggested above. Now the paper will go in but stops before it exits. I'm afraid I put something back wrong but the manual isn't showing me enough detail to figure out what. The jam code is now 1101. I replaced the delivery sensor just to make sure it didn't coincidentally go out. If someone can think of something I may have done wrong I would appreciate any suggestions.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, took it apart and put back together now it is working, not sure what was wrong the first time, but problem is fixed now!