Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: iradv 6055

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

iradv 6055

Set up a machine at a customers office. After 2 days we're getting 0108 jams-left deck and duplex. Every sheet, every time. Seems as though the flapper that guides the paper may be bent. I'm wondering if anybody else has had this issue with the adv bw series.
    Also was getting error codes for the pre xfer shutter-found the small spring leaf tensioner for the cleaner and shutter dislodged.
    Wondering what other surprises this new series may have in store.

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    iradv 6055

Haven't seen any issues. Maybe its just one of those days.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    iradv 6055

these have been good machines for us so far.
    On the decks did you slide over the white plastic guide on the back of the deck so the sponge roller would cam in correctly?
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

yes-the problem with the jamming seems to be related to the flapper selenoid in the duplex. When fed from tray 2 the flapper is in 1 position, and when duplexing the flapper is engaged in the other position.Jams both modes however-seems as though nothing is controlling the flapper-it just moves wich way the paper drives it-wondering, if the selenoid is bad.

Originaaly came in for error code-upgraded software-trying a previous version.

Re: iradv 6055

having the same dreadful 0108 Jam code - was there a solution to this one please?
    thanks in advance!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MFPTech View Post
    having the same dreadful 0108 Jam code - was there a solution to this one please?
    thanks in advance!

Yes, but I doubt it's the same scenario, talk about a pain! Turned out after pulling the device to the shop it seemed to wok fine for a few days, constant jamming returned. I remember checking everything out on the fixing feeder, swapping a selenoid, etc. the usual routine. Seemed to work for a small period after anything was done but the issue kept returning like a bad rash. I finally had a second device in to set up beside it,and noticed even when the pulled one worked, I heard a strange click coming from deck 2 selenoid. Turned out one of the back mounts, which are pressed as a 90 degree bracket, wasn't 90 degrees, causing the back of the frame not to sit where it should exactly. I wound up having the unit swapped (entire fixing frame) for a fresh one from Canon. I highly doubt that this is your situation, but to find it I was literally lying on he floor with the frame fully extended (looking for anything at this point) and noticed the one mount was not fully folded. I can't believe that they even tried to use this one in question. Take a look and good luck!

Thanks. Found the problem earlier, Duplex size detect flag was loose. It's all good now