Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sjinachandran

Post Canon IR 2018 - adding toner symbole

I am facing the problem of Adding toner symbol even the machine having toner with toner cartridge. is it having any programe to solve the toner issue. or any thing with deveoping unit adjustment.

Thanking you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon IR 2018 - adding toner symbole

check your developer contacts on the drum unit. They could be pushed in and not making contact with the machine. If they look fine it could be the HVT causing the issue.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR 2018 - adding toner symbole

Quote Originally Posted by sjinachandran View Post
    I am facing the problem of Adding toner symbol even the machine having toner with toner cartridge. is it having any programe to solve the toner issue. or any thing with deveoping unit adjustment.

Thanking you
    Here is a PIC of what charm5496 mentioned

imageRUNNER 2016/2016i/2020/2020i Add toner message is indicated on the control panel.

Add toner message is indicated on the control panel and will not stop appearing. The toner cartridge has been replaced several times to no resolve

Workaround :
    In this case the Developer HVT contacts were pushed in. Since they were pushed in, there were no HVT connections present. This caused the "add toner message". The developer can be taken out, and the contacts can be checked. If they are pressed in, they can be reformed or the contacts can be replaced. Check the images below for reference. In the first image, the developer is exposed and the red arrows point to the contacts, the second displays the developer with the cover removed, the third displays the inside of the cover where the HVT contacts can be pushed out again, and the fourth image displays the outside of the cover and the contacts again. The contacts should be flush with the black plastic.The contact part #'s are FC6-4163-000 and FC6-4202-000.

coverkb.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**