Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar

IR advance C5030

I have a customer that uses the print vending software we sell (LPT One). There was an odd issue of the copier not printing blank pages only when going through the software. I suggested to try a PCL driver other than the UFRII driver. He could not get a PCL driver to work. When he asked his Canon rep why he was told he needed to buy the PCL/postscript option. I have seen postscript being an option but never PCL. Because I haven't talked to the tech I don't know exactly what was said. I think my customer may have misunderstood the Canon rep. Could someone confirm this for me. Is PCL an option that has to be purchased separately for the IR advance C5030?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR advance C5030

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I have a customer that uses the print vending software we sell (LPT One). There was an odd issue of the copier not printing blank pages only when going through the software. I suggested to try a PCL driver other than the UFRII driver. He could not get a PCL driver to work. When he asked his Canon rep why he was told he needed to buy the PCL/postscript option. I have seen postscript being an option but never PCL. Because I haven't talked to the tech I don't know exactly what was said. I think my customer may have misunderstood the Canon rep. Could someone confirm this for me. Is PCL an option that has to be purchased separately for the IR advance C5030?

imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051/C5045/C5035/C5030

• PCL Printering

For PCL printing, the PCL Printer Kit must be installed.

The devices are being marketed with "i" and non "i" models which indicates the printer languages that the machines support.
    All imageRUNNER Advance machines have send functionality as standard, being able to scan & send documents from the machine to destinations such as email, shared folders on a network or an FTP site.
    The non "i" models such as the C5030 use canon's UFRII printer language and a URFII printer driver is provided with the machine. This technology uses the power of the clients PC to process and render the document prior to sending the data to the iR Advance device for printing.

If there is a requirement to print in colour with PCL or true Adobe PostScript choose an "i" version such as the C5030i , C5035i, C5045i or C5051i. The PostScript processing is now fully compatible true postscript, unlike emulated postscript as on previous models.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar
    Thanks for the info it will be a big help moving forward.