Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Asabs

Unhappy Help Scanning and Delivery to PC for a IR 3570

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but have read dozens of posts and thought this forum to be the best fit to solve my current problem with my IR 3570. I have a small office network and am able to print off of the network to the IR 3570. I have recently changed from traditional faxing to E-Fax and need electronic versions of documents to fax. I thought it would be easy enough to just scan from the IR 3570 and deliver the document to my PC. Unfortunately I was wrong and cannot figure it out.

I have read other posts that discuss downloading from the Cannon site a program call "ScanGear." I downloaded and installed it but for some reason I seem to be missing the ScanGear driver ( I only have the scangear Tool which selects the machine to be used). I went to Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : imageRUNNER 3570

I am looking to take the scanned document out of my "mail box" on the IR 3570 and deliver it to my PC. Please assist and thank you in advance!!

Hello.

First of all, the Network ScanGear is just an extension. Scaning itself is done via different application. You can use any program, which supports importing images via scanner (MS word, photoshop...).

If your device shows up at the ScanGear tool window, then you are ready to scan via external application.

Note: make sure you use correct ScanGear. Devices with B/W scanner there's the Network ScanGear. Devices with color scanner there's the Color Network ScanGear. If I remember correctly, the iR3570 has an B/W scanner.

Asabs
    First off, thanks so much for the quick response!! Second, are you saying that in order to capture the scanned documents off of my IR 3570 mailbox, I need software on my PC to do that? I do have MS Word, where would I go to do that? Pretty much looking for a "dumbies hand book" on how to scan on my IR 3570 and view it on my PC. Thanks !!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Help Scanning and Delivery to PC for a IR 3570

trying to access the documents you have in the mailbox for what you are trying to accomplish will not work. You can download the network scangear here:
    Canon U.S.A. : Office Equipment : imageRUNNER 3530

If you do enough digging on the web I'm sure you can find a copy of the manual you are looking for with the step by step instructions, but all you need to do is this:
    Load the Network Scan Gear on your PC. After installing go through the configuration so you can connect to your machine.
    Walk over to the touch screen and push the SCAN tab. Turn the scanner "ONLINE"
    Place your originals in the DADF or on the glass and go back to your PC to initiate the scanning. I think you can save the documents in JPEG or TIFF format to what ever location you would like on that PC.

It really is not that difficult to figure out though.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Asabs View Post
    First off, thanks so much for the quick response!! Second, are you saying that in order to capture the scanned documents off of my IR 3570 mailbox, I need software on my PC to do that? I do have MS Word, where would I go to do that? Pretty much looking for a "dumbies hand book" on how to scan on my IR 3570 and view it on my PC. Thanks !!!!
    No, you don't need ScanGear to get files from the mailbox to your computer. You can do it via the RUI (Remote User Interface). But the files aren't in any standard .jpg or .pdf format. Mailboxes are intended to use as an storage for files which are printed often. Printing is done via iR.

So the ScanGear is a better solution in your case.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Mailbox contents cannot be accessed to send as email attachments. Scangear and some form of document solution, (I use Nitro PDF Professional), will allow you to "pull scan" from the copier to your PC desktop. Then however you choose to use the files, storage , email, etc, is possible.

Asabs

More help please

Quote Originally Posted by charm5496 View Post
    trying to access the documents you have in the mailbox for what you are trying to accomplish will not work. You can download the network scangear here:
    Canon U.S.A. : Office Equipment : imageRUNNER 3530

If you do enough digging on the web I'm sure you can find a copy of the manual you are looking for with the step by step instructions, but all you need to do is this:
    Load the Network Scan Gear on your PC. After installing go through the configuration so you can connect to your machine.
    Walk over to the touch screen and push the SCAN tab. Turn the scanner "ONLINE"
    Place your originals in the DADF or on the glass and go back to your PC to initiate the scanning. I think you can save the documents in JPEG or TIFF format to what ever location you would like on that PC.

It really is not that difficult to figure out though.
    The link only downloads the "ScanGear Tool" which selects the machine to be used but has no control panel on my PC to initiate scanning. I believe I need an additional application which would have a control panel to "initiate scanning," is that true? And if so, any suggestions for free applications that do such, please include a link as well.

Thanks again for everyones help!! Much appreciated!!

yech203

Scanning with a Canon iR3570

There are 2 forms of scanning that can be accomplished with the 3570. The older style is the Pull scanning. This uses the Network Scangear program which is a twain driver. You need a program such as Acrobat that can scan from a device. Once the scan gear has been installed and you have the device selected as a scanner in your program you can then scan your document to your PC. Document goesonto the glass or in the doc feeder. Scan feature on copier is set to Online. From program, scan. Your doc will then be scanned or "pulled" into your program.
    The second way and more up to date way is known as Universal Send feature. This is a licensed product that can be installed in the copier afterwhich the scanning process is done all from the copier. You can scan to network folders, local PC folders and email.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Help Scanning and Delivery to PC for a IR 3570

Yes you will need some type of program to use the copier as a scanner (adobe acrobat standard or pro for example) that way you can acquire an image from the scanner. I'm sure there are some freebies out there to accomplish this. You can always check downloads.com to see what they have listed.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    As the others have described, Scangear is only the "conduit" through which the data is acquired by the PC. You need a piece of software, such as the one I mentioned, or Acrobat, or Word, something like that, that can IMPORT data. From the file menu you choose your Import device, which in your case would be Scangear. You simply import your documents then. You need to have already setup Scangear to talk to your copier, and then you are good to go...