Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: irc3380

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

irc3380

Hi folks.I have an ir3380 with insert black drum unit on display intermittently.I have read on the site that a firmware update was released for this problem.The firmware i have is 87.5 but apparently the fix is on a later version.I would appreciate some feedback if this is the fix or this or is there something else that may be causing it.Would it be possible to get the frmware of you guys if that is the fix?.Cheers for now.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    irc3380

this could be an issue with the board on that drum, the connection between the process unit and the frame of the device. The latest version is 94.01 I think, but I do not recall there being a tech pub for that issue.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    irc3380

Quote Originally Posted by srv View Post
    Hi folks.I have an ir3380 with insert black drum unit on display intermittently.I have read on the site that a firmware update was released for this problem.The firmware i have is 87.5 but apparently the fix is on a later version.I would appreciate some feedback if this is the fix or this or is there something else that may be causing it.Would it be possible to get the frmware of you guys if that is the fix?.Cheers for now.
    see PDF>TP09.pdf
    Fix was in ver. 91.02 , the DCON was updated to v61.91 for that issue
    The following changes occur when upgrading the DCON of the Color imageRUNNER C2550/ C2880/ C3080/ C3380/ C3480 from v60.01 to v61.01:

Modification of an error where the message “Insert drum cartridge” is falsely displayed despite the presence of the drum.
    This occurs when the ITB unit has reached close to the end of its expanded life and the resistance of the primary transfer roller has been increased after some period of time.
    During the life of the ITB Unit, resistance against parts around the Primary Transfer Roller causes a decrease in the primary current at the drum detection sequence. This symptom may occur more frequently in a low temperature, low humidity environment.
    Note:
    To address this symptom in the field we recommend performing the following
    procedure:

hv.JPG
    Procedure:
    a. Clean the Transfer H.V. PCB (HV2) Contacts.
    b. Clean the Process Unit contacts to the main frame.
    c. Upgrade the DCON to v61.01

also see >>>
    old field Tech pub on issue
    below

imageRUNNER C2880 / C3380 / C2880i / C3380i Insert black drum cartridge message
    A message is displayed on the control panel that says "Insert black drum cartridge". The black drum cartridge has been replaced.

The conductive bushing on the front side of the ITB assembly for the transfer roller is cracked. This part cannot be ordered. Replace the ITB assembly. Part number FM2-5522-030.
    Last edited by teckat; 12-09-2010 at 10:59 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks for the response guys.The transfer belt was at 277%.The m/c was working when I arrived at the call but I swapped the belt with another that had 70% life used on it.When I put the older belt into a different machine the (insert black drum cartridge)came up immediately.As ever teckat,you were bang on the money.Thanks again to both of you.Is it possible to get the latest firmware for this model to download?.Happy xmas.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    irc3380

Quote Originally Posted by srv View Post
    Thanks for the response guys.The transfer belt was at 277%.The m/c was working when I arrived at the call but I swapped the belt with another that had 70% life used on it.When I put the older belt into a different machine the (insert black drum cartridge)came up immediately.As ever teckat,you were bang on the money.Thanks again to both of you.Is it possible to get the latest firmware for this model to download?.Happy xmas.

Check Your PM
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Go2EDS

Re: irc3380

Hello,

I am having the same issue. Is it possible to get the latest firmware ?

Thanks.