Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    genuine_jalali

Unhappy Canon PC 740 - Not working after tray jamming

Hi there!
    My copier machine was working fine a few days ago but once the tray jammed and was not able to come out. But the machine was still working when I used to insert the paper from the side paper slot. Today, I somehow pulled the tray out found that some part of the machine was lying on the tray which was previously jamming it. The image of the part is attached. After this, my machine is not working properly. Whenever I try to copy it doesn't respoond, it stays idle...even if I add paper from the side slot it doesn't take it fully in and shows the red/orange symbol (i think the symbol is of paper jam)
    please help me...is this due to the deattachment of this part? how do i fix it back? any idea with pictures...wud be grateful
    Attached Images Attached Images

l think you have broken the vertical path roller paper sensor try controller ..this parts witness the presence of paper insider cassette ..please take other photo's because this is not very clear
    BEST TECHNICIAN . NICE PEOPLE .

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon PC 740 - Not working after tray jamming

That part is what locks the tray in place. It is attached to the cassette handle with a spring and the handle is most likely broken. It should work without it but the tray may wander out. Your paper jam light may mean there actually is a jam. Check the path and the lower right door. Otherwise, you may need service

genuine_jalali
    Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    l think you have broken the vertical path roller paper sensor try controller ..this parts witness the presence of paper insider cassette ..please take other photo's because this is not very clear
    I'm sorry I have @MP camera...the quality isn't good but I'm attaching more pictures. The picture of the roller wheel is also there in close up... please try to resolve this problem..thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

genuine_jalali
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    That part is what locks the tray in place. It is attached to the cassette handle with a spring and the handle is most likely broken. It should work without it but the tray may wander out. Your paper jam light may mean there actually is a jam. Check the path and the lower right door. Otherwise, you may need service
    i'll check it and reply ...please stay in touch..thanks

hi friend jalali ..l think you should be have the sm to following your problems ...well tell me you have it or no ..if no contacted me at my email : mecanographe@gmail.com
    BEST TECHNICIAN . NICE PEOPLE .

genuine_jalali
    Quote Originally Posted by zaza View Post
    hi friend jalali ..l think you should be have the sm to following your problems ...well tell me you have it or no ..if no contacted me at my email : mecanographe@gmail.com
    Hi friend, Sorry i didn't get you...what's sm?

RichardKem

Re: Canon PC 740 - Not working after tray jamming

My PC740 also has a jammed tray and still works on the 'bypass' tray. It is an old machine but has done great service. Any ideas how to open the tray without causing more damage? Thanks