Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canon IR HDD

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar
    Thanks Freedomtt. I'll check them out. That's a great price.

RedRed
    We also use the Hard drives from Computer Giants. Great $$$ savings. You can get the 20G or the 40G ( Needed for the iR2220 and iR3320 models) We Have also used them in the new 70 and 30 series. Memory Experts sells them too. Cheaper than Canon but more expensive than Computer Giants.

indyman73
    Just an fyi...If you go into the c:\ServTool folder, where all the service files are stored on your pc. Then find the model you are looking for, there should be a folder called HDFormat. In that folder there should be 1 file that should look something like iR2200-XXxx0007-HDFormat.ift (depending on the version). If you copy that file to your desktop and then change the "ift" at the end to "txt", you can see all the Hard Drives that will work with that particular model. I usually look on a website at Compuvest Corp. for the Drives. You can get new and refurbished, they have been pretty reliable. Just make sure that you look for the right drive, since the list does show more than just the regular 9.5mm laptop drives.

safedeepblue
    wwwooow

demitricco

SST for ir6000

where can i buy canon service support tool for ir6000? can you help me find them?
    my payment method only a bank transfer...

thanks

Technician
    I have success for the following brands of HDD for the IR3300-3320i series.
    Hitachi 80gb
    western digital 80gb
    Toshiba 80gb

I'm pretty sure most HDD regardless of brands are able to do the job just as long as the RPM speed onthe HDD is compatible.
    I'm using a clone software system to get my disk configured.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon IR HDD

junkiemanxl, what clone software do you use to set up the new hard drives?

Quote Originally Posted by indyman73 View Post
    Just an fyi...If you go into the c:ServTool folder, where all the service files are stored on your pc. Then find the model you are looking for, there should be a folder called HDFormat. In that folder there should be 1 file that should look something like iR2200-XXxx0007-HDFormat.ift (depending on the version). If you copy that file to your desktop and then change the "ift" at the end to "txt", you can see all the Hard Drives that will work with that particular model. I usually look on a website at Compuvest Corp. for the Drives. You can get new and refurbished, they have been pretty reliable. Just make sure that you look for the right drive, since the list does show more than just the regular 9.5mm laptop drives.
    And just a further note on .ift files...
    Canon releases updated .ift files each time a new compatible HDD is found.
    Make sure that you go to your regional Canon site and download the new .ift file and place them into your SST folder.
    For MANY of the machines this .ift file can be modified although...I heard the latest gossip from Canon.inc the other day and they are going to begin encrypting ALL .ift files from now on.
    They've already started with the new C7000 series....you CANNOT use a generic HDD in that machine.

perpetualjon
    Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    And just a further note on .ift files...
    Canon releases updated .ift files each time a new compatible HDD is found.
    Make sure that you go to your regional Canon site and download the new .ift file and place them into your SST folder.
    For MANY of the machines this .ift file can be modified although...I heard the latest gossip from Canon.inc the other day and they are going to begin encrypting ALL .ift files from now on.
    They've already started with the new C7000 series....you CANNOT use a generic HDD in that machine.
    Then wouldn't it be prudent to make a disk image the moment the machine arrives in an office and keep it on record somewhere in the even that the drive fails? At least this way all the special encryption that Canon puts in is restored without any problems.

Technician
    I use acronis true image home to clone the HDD. One of the best and easiest software to use compared to a few that i have tried.