Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician
    Hi,
    I cleared Dcon and MN con because it was advised in the Canon document.
    I re-entered the values into service mode from the P-print.
    Will try to post a pattern later, the color reg is out by about 1-2mm per color, i.e. what should be a black line on the page is black, cyan, magenta and yellow, i.e all colors are out.
    I have taken the ITB out and cleaned all the rollers and the inside of the ITB belt.
    Not sure when ITB was last replaced. (machine on loan from other location)
    I will try and swap the lasers today and have a look at ITB and drive again.

I had a look at the service mode, the only adjustment for laser is PVE-OFST, which on my machine is set to +2.

Technician
    Here is a P6 and P10 print of my 3200.

color reg sample.pdf

Technician

Sorted!

According to a Canon UFO report the problem can be caused by a bad contact in a grounding plate on the ITB assembly.
    I removed the ITB, gave it another clean and removed the plate (pictured), clean, re-insert, problem gone!

Solution.JPG

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon CLC3200 printing out of focus

worked on over 1,000, 3200 models & I have never see that grounding plate cause a major paper feed registration issue that u posted.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician
    Me neither, I have had that color registration issue with a few 3200 I have worked on, normally clearing the DC and Main controller does the trick. The issue with the grounding plate was described in an internal Canon UFO report, the UFo database is an internal Canon bulletin where techs in the field post solutions to issues they have come across. Before that I have cleaned the ITB inside and out, removed the lasers and centred the cams, performed a clear and put all the values back in, re-seated all the connectors for the main controller, removed the sensor array at the back of the ITB and cleaned the sensors, performed a laser adjust (just in case) and actually repeated all the above steps a few times, nothing. After removing the main ITB drive roller, cleaning all the contacts and put it back in, perfect first time. I can't say a 100% it was that plate, but the first time I went near it, it worked. Happy days.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Are you sure that your sensor array was sitting above the ITB correctly. I am with teckat where I have done thousands of calls on the 3200 and 5180 series and have never seen an issue with the grounding plate cause misregistration. Very odd....
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Hi jochenstacker

In the diagram you provided, have you changed the gear #22 on the ITB. That is the one I have found to be most problematic. If you grasp the feed roller and try to turn the gear back and forth, there should be no play at all in that gear, if it does move, then you need to replace it. You will still have to clear up the misregistration after that...

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    Hi jochenstacker

In the diagram you provided, have you changed the gear #22 on the ITB. That is the one I have found to be most problematic. If you grasp the feed roller and try to turn the gear back and forth, there should be no play at all in that gear, if it does move, then you need to replace it. You will still have to clear up the misregistration after that...
    The problem is cleared up now, so no need for further action at this stage.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Glad you were able to resolve it...