Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    y_us1982

iR4570 - fixing film jam

my canon ir4570 got film jammed. it start jammed when i replace a new fixing film. I've put some grease and it goes well but only for a few days, after that it will get jammed again. anybody have any idea to solve this problem?

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    iR4570 - fixing film jam

Quote Originally Posted by y_us1982 View Post
    my canon ir4570 got film jammed. it start jammed when i replace a new fixing film. I've put some grease and it goes well but only for a few days, after that it will get jammed again. anybody have any idea to solve this problem?
    Jam code or error code??

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    iR4570 - fixing film jam

I would double check that it is installed correctly and not defective. I have seen several machines that we have taken over from IKON where they are using aftermarket films and they are all crap. CQ issues, jamming, error codes....

If you did not have the jams before you replaced the film then I would retrace what you worked on in the machine.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    iR4570 - fixing film jam

When changing film, also change bushings on pressure roller. Otherwise, fixing film will be teared on one side. And don't put too much grease...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR4570 - fixing film jam

Quote Originally Posted by y_us1982 View Post

to add on>>>make sure u use new style Pressure Roller (FC5-7207-010)
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    iR4570 - fixing film jam

was the paper comes out 50% and fold like waves? then you must have to check in right side door i don't know its part name a long black piece seating both side on form cushion. that form become sticky. so the paper can not push that black piece up. so it jam like wave. so you remove the form in both side. no need put new one. if you don't put that small form a small sound will come after the paper left from fuser unit. if not folding in paper then film must have to replace. while putting film you put more grease. coz once the film become soft in place it will start to slip

hi...make sure the grease is thermal grease..the normal grease is not reliable
    thanks..

y_us1982
    Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    hi...make sure the grease is thermal grease..the normal grease is not reliable
    thanks..
    thanks everyone with an opinion. can i used a thermal grease usually used for 'processor' in computer parts?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    iR4570 - fixing film jam

it is not grease. it is a heat transferring compound. if you put that film will not rotate

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Sorry, but that grease will not work. Thermal grease is different from high-temp grease. The processor grease is actually more of a paste designed to transfer heat, which will dry out pretty fast. The grease in fusers is a high-temp grease designed operate in high temperatures, which won't breakdown or dry out as fast.

You would be better off going to the local auto parts store and using the hight-temp grease designed for brakes if you don't want to shell out the $$ to get it from Canon. But I'd think it's cheaper to buy the good stuff from Canon then make several trips...