Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

IR-3300 DC cont Dimm missing ?

I have a 3300 im working on that has no dimm in the dc controller. the machine has been working for over 1 year in customers office with no problem. Then all of a sudden they are getting E-733 codes. I brought machine into shop where im working on it now when it starts up it comes ready and makes copies then if you let it sit after 15 minutes the code comes up. I replaced power supply and HV power supply same thing. any one know if the missing dimm could be causing this problem ? I didnt think the machine is even supposed to boot up with the dimm missing.

Technician
    Canon removed the dimm socket from later releases of the dc controller. They soldered the boot rom (IC301) directly on to the board in the later versions. You might try to flash the dc controller.
    Although, it sounds like your problem is very possibly a thermal breakdown with one of the chips on the dc controller. Not an uncommon problem. Good luck,

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    The new style DC controllers have the flash dimm mounted directly on the board and the slot will be empty. See TP006 016
    I'd try a new HDD and a fresh install of system software.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IR-3300 DC cont Dimm missing ?

If the Main controller and the DC Controller have been replaced and the E733 is still present, replace the Switching Regulator PCB Assembly (FH3-2613-020). The Service Manual and the General Circuit Diagram refer to the Switching Regulator as being the "Main Power Supply PCB". This item is found on Page 107-1, item #8, in the Parts Catalog.

your DIMM question has already been answered and you were correct.

I have also seen the cable for reader than plugs into the machine cause this issue as well.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried formating the HD and reloading system software. Now when I went to test it I got E-100 code 2 times then it doesnt even boot up any more wait screen stays after the bar progresses all the way to the right. Im thinking its probably the DC controller. I will have to wait till I can get another one to see if thats it.

E733
    0001 A fault is detected by the main controller PCB in the communication between
    the DC controller PCB and the main controller PCB.
    Main cause The connector has poor connection. The DC controller PCB is faulty.
    Action
    1. Connector, DC controller PCB
    Is the connection between the connector J1015 on the main controller PCB
    and the conductor J316 on the DC controlled PCB normal?
    NO: Correct the connection.
    YES: Replace the DC controller PCB.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    The new style DC controllers have the flash dimm mounted directly on the board and the slot will be empty. See TP006 016
    I'd try a new HDD and a fresh install of system software.
    Saw this a few weeks back, I thought I was going daft, now I see that all is OK with that missing flash dimm...