Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ir2270 help

Technician

ir2270 help

I purchased a ir 2270 with scan fax and supposedly print. I went into service mode and now see I have a code C for bootrom. Apparently no print drive. How hard or expensive is it to update to n bootrom? Is it something I can do myself, or is a tech needed. I see the kits on ebay, but are they really plug and play or are updates needed to be uploaded?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ir2270 help

Quote Originally Posted by igrafix View Post
    I purchased a ir 2270 with scan fax and supposedly print. I went into service mode and now see I have a code C for bootrom. Apparently no print drive. How hard or expensive is it to update to n bootrom? Is it something I can do myself, or is a tech needed. I see the kits on ebay, but are they really plug and play or are updates needed to be uploaded?

"BUYER BEWARE"
    Never buy unseen products/ or believe what u see in sale ads.
    Bottom line>> is to call a Canon Authorized Dealer/who has trained Canon Techs.

Canon imageRUNNER 4570/3570/2870/2270.

Printing (optional)*

You can upgrade this machine to a high-speed network printer by installing the
    optional Multi-PDL Printer Kit. This kit incorporates UFR II (Ultra Fast Rendering II) Technology, which utilizes a newly invented printing algorithm to minimize file processing and achieve maximum performance. It also supports PS and PCL at maximized speeds.

Network Scanning (optional)*

***Year 2005=The optional Multi-PDL Printer Kit is no longer necessary to use the Network Scan function.

To use this function, the machine is required to be connected to a network, equipped with the Printer function, and Network ScanGear to be installed on your computer. You can scan images of up to 11" x 17" in size at a resolution of 600 x 600 dpi.
    xxx*The optional Multi-PDL Printer Kit must be installed on your machine, and Network ScanGear software must be installed on your computer to use this function.

Faxing (optional)*
    If the optional Super G3 FAX Board or Super G3 Multi-Line FAX Board, and Fax Driver are installed, you can send facsimiles from your computer. If you attach the optional Super G3 Multi-Line FAX Board, you can use two lines.
    *The optional Super G3 FAX Board or Super G3Multi-Line FAX Board is required.

Sending Function (optional)*

The Send function enables you to send scanned image or document data to file servers, or send it by e-mail or I-fax. A variety of file formats are supported (PDF, TIFF, and PDF(OCR)), which offer you greater flexibility in accommodating digital workplace environments.
    *The optional Universal Send Kit must be activated by registering a license key.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician
    thanks for response. didnt really help on the answer, is it upgradable to print? From what I see, I have the g3 fax option installed, scan and send, but no pdl. The memory is 512 which is what i think I need to have. Is it only the pdl I need, or is there installs that I cant do?

ir2270 help

thanks for response. didnt really help on the answer, is it upgradable to print? From what I see, I have the g3 fax option installed, scan and send, but no pdl. The memory is 512 which is what i think I need to have. Is it only the pdl I need, or is there installs that I cant do?

U can purchase the Multi-PDL Printer Kit E1 / from a Canon Authorized Dealer.
    or take your chances on eBay or the other supplier sites.

It has the "N"boot rom & full instructions.
    see attached pdf
    Multi Pdl Kit E1 Install.pdf

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    The easiest way to tell if you have the print capabilities is to enter:

Additional functions-> Report Settings-> Printer.

If you don't see "Printer" then you don't have ability to print. If you do see printer the installed PDL's will be listed, PCL,PS, UFRII
    I'm pretty sure you can't have universal send without printing, but it sounds like someone swapped boot rom's on you.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ir2270 help

To an extent they are plug and play if the boot rom you have purchased matches the firmware you have installed on your IR-2270. It is not a good idea to mix and match different versions of firmware on a machine.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Technician
    Thanks for everybodys help. When I go to the additional func.>report settings> Fax and Send are there, but no print. PS PCL in service mode are set at 0. pdl fnc 1 and 2 are also at 0. Is there anyway to see if the firmware is the same as the kit? also will the n rom run through the current nic installed? Just trying to see how much cash this will take to convert or if the problems will snowball quickly.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ir2270 help

the NIC card is built onto the motherboard so no extra expense there. If you go into service mode check and see what version you MN-CON, DC-CON, system and language are at. We can tell you what version boot rom you want to look for. An reputable seller should be able to tell you what version the N boot rom is at.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Technician
    mn con 35.06 dc con 21.01 language 35.06 I didnt see anything labeled system, where would that be?

ir2270 help

mn con 35.06 dc con 21.01 language 35.06 I didnt see anything labeled system, where would that be?

Print out a P-Print in service mode ~~
    or

LOOK IN >service mode under=
    COPIER > DISPLAY > VERSION

VERSION.JPG
    VERSION2.JPG