Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AccService 100+ Posts

Canon IR 4570 accordian paper jam!

Hello copytech, I have a canon image runner 4570, and every morning as i go to start up the copier and make a print or a copy, the paper jams at the fuser. Some of the page does go past the fuser about three inches but the rest of the paper is stuck inside the fuser like an accordian. The copier will do this for about 45 minutes in the morning, I think it does this untill the machine warms up, because after a while it copies and prints just perfect. also some times in the afternoon while the machine is in power saver mode and we turn it on the paper might jamm, depending on how long its been off for. If anyone has any info. or suggestions please let me know because this machine is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hi is it 0207 or 0107 jam codes if so look in side the right hand door deflector it sits on small rubber tabs that become sticky or deformed.

AccService 100+ Posts
    Thanks for the reply, how would I find out what type paper jam it is? Where would I find the number? Thanks.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon IR 4570 accordian paper jam!

Quote Originally Posted by gerryhuerta View Post
    Hello copytech, I have a canon image runner 4570, and every morning as i go to start up the copier and make a print or a copy, the paper jams at the fuser. Some of the page does go past the fuser about three inches but the rest of the paper is stuck inside the fuser like an accordian. The copier will do this for about 45 minutes in the morning, I think it does this untill the machine warms up, because after a while it copies and prints just perfect. also some times in the afternoon while the machine is in power saver mode and we turn it on the paper might jamm, depending on how long its been off for. If anyone has any info. or suggestions please let me know because this machine is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance.
    DSC00004.jpg

In SERVICE MODE copier/display/jam

AccService 100+ Posts
    Oh thats crazy, I seen that piece and it had some lubricant on it, I added more and after I moved it around a little bit i closed everything up and it worked!! i knew it had something to do with it!! So what do you guys suggest i do? should i take it off? buy a new one? any advice on what you have done?

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    I rip them off,,, lubricating them is only going to add to the problem. They are supposed to be dry foam pads. They break down and get compressed and gooey. Their whole reason for being is to act as sound deadening material. I have never heard the guides that I ripped these chunks of foam off of, and the machines ran well afterward.

"Morning sickness", is a dead giveaway to this issue, after you have removed the jam, that guide is freed up, till the machine sits at rest for awhile, and the gooey pads grab back onto the guide.

AccService 100+ Posts

Talking

Thanks for the advice, I didn't even notice the pieces you mentioned, ill go back and try and get a shot of what the piece looks like. I will try running it with the piece off to see what happens.

hi gerry.
    Do you solved your paper jam problem yet?

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryhuerta View Post
    I will try running it with the piece off to see what happens.
    I believe you will be pleased!

buihung
    wet paper