Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CANON IR 1023

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    CANON IR 1023

CANON IR 1023

HI,
    I have machine that is making GROANING sound when paper hits fuser,exit area.Im not sure if it is fuser,exit rollers or the tail edge of the feed cycle that cuases noise.It only seems tp Groan during copy cycle.If you have had exp.with machine and groanig noises can you tell me what to look for(besides an Exp. tech)My exp on model is limited to this one unit and some 6550s machines.
    thanks for any help, ANDY

The best approach is to be on the machine and make a functional test,i.e. try to run many copies while studying the fault, paying particular attention to the GROANING noise. NOISE ussually occur because of FRICTIONAL FORCES between surfaces in contact. You already have a clue that it happens only on the "copy" function, that is good lead. Be systematic and you should be able to narrow the noise to a particular functional block, and eventually to the exact 'area' or part, after which u take corrective measures; may by lubrication or whatever. try!

CANON IR 1023

HEY PAL<
    I understand how to troubleshoot a noise on a machine.Ive been doing this for 35 years.All I was asking is IF you know the machine and are there some noises prone to this machine and where,so I dont have to spend a lifetime on a machine that I wont make any money on at that point.If u want to help ,FINE,If not I give give a TINKERS TOODLES

Why then bother about a machine you are not to make money on? I've never done that in my 25 years of service in this business. Business is all about making or losing money.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    CANON IR 1023

Quote Originally Posted by cucuklotz View Post
    HI,
    I have machine that is making GROANING sound when paper hits fuser,exit area.Im not sure if it is fuser,exit rollers or the tail edge of the feed cycle that cuases noise.It only seems tp Groan during copy cycle.If you have had exp.with machine and groanig noises can you tell me what to look for(besides an Exp. tech)My exp on model is limited to this one unit and some 6550s machines.
    thanks for any help, ANDY
    Usually fuser work fine on this model.Problems are the drum and developer unit.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CANON IR 1023

HEY DUDE! If thats the way you come here looking for help, you're not gonna get too many responses.

CANON IR 1023

I come here LOOKING FOR HELP,not dripping sarcasm telling me about what a groan is.I KNOW<the simple request wasDO YOU* KNOW THE MACHINE AND HAVE EXPERIENCED NOISES AND FROM WHERE".THE models I KNOW intimately ,I can help others who are new to machine with so they wont have to spend 5 hours and a can of WD40on.On an older model that can be replaced inexpesively,HOW much can I hurt a customer with a service call with.If you know a machine GENERALLY has noise issues from A particuliar cluth for EXAMPLE,THEMN Offer the help. THATS I kind of help I expect from someone.I wish I had freedom of spech here,unfortunately the machines i know best HAVE COME AND GONE,so I am not talking from a position of strength here.I WOULD IF I COULD HELP A FELLOW TECT THAT WAY.The bet I could say is <SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT FOR an old timer which you would do if you were really GOON HOO for your profession

Technician
    cucuklotz,
    We see a lot of fusers during our repair process that have torn films at one end after the machine has been in the field for a while.
    This has been known to cause a "groaning" at times.
    Unfortunately,it is very difficult to see the film in the fuser while it is still in the machine.
    I can get you a refurbished and like new fixing assembly for a very good price if you find that to be the cause of your noise.
    I also sent you a PM.

good luck

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CANON IR 1023

With that attitude, I wouldn't even think of helping you. That guy was trying to help and if it didn't help you solve your problem, say thanks anyway and move on. Im right in Jersey and could get you a fuser too but I think I'll pass,

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    CANON IR 1023

FIXING ASSEMBLY

apply lubricant to the exit drive bushings, on Delivery Roller
    br.JPG
    Last edited by teckat; 01-07-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**