Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MarkLesx

Sharing Canon knowledge

I am new to Canon and want share with you experience and knowledge.
    hope I could have a abbreviated explanation to these:
    CQ Issues, R-con, DC-con, Mn-con, FDIMM
    because I find some difficulty following the inputs at canon forum.
    I searched long time before I write to you at some Canon SM and at Internet (GOOGLE) but no way.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Sharing Canon  knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLesx View Post
    I am new to Canon and want share with you experience and knowledge.
    hope I could have a abbreviated explanation to these:
    CQ Issues, R-con, DC-con, Mn-con, FDIMM
    because I find some difficulty following the inputs at canon forum.
    I searched long time before I write to you at some Canon SM and at Internet (GOOGLE) but no way.

CQ= COPY QUALITY [light/dark/blurry/shifted/blank/double image/background/ many more to list

RCON= READER CONTROLLER= [ Documents that are Copied/or Scanned off the Copy Glass- will have the the Controller interpret the images ]

DCON= DC Controller= [ Converts control signals{to HVT-to D/A converter-from
    CPU/Interfaces with external devices/DC Voltages/Control loads/& many more ]

MNCON= Main Controller= Main PCB serves to control jobs, output images going to the printer, and memory.The sub Main PCB serves to process input images coming from the reader unit.
    [Main controller has other boards connected to it =SRMA PCB>a (sub)Main PCB>Ethernet board>UFR board or Open interface board>maybe a USB interface board>Image conversion board>Power distribution PCB>Differential PCB/expansion RAM>Boot ROM>the Printers HDD(Hard Drive) and some others,depends on models.

FDIMM= Flash Dual In-Line Memory Modules {Boot Rom} [Each of these modules (number, function, and location depends on the particular copier model) contains firmware providing machine specific functions and instructions.Each module can be updated in the field using the ServiceSupport Tool as bug fixes and or new features are added to the copier. Upgrading the modules is known as Flashing.]
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    And if you are a technician, it is advisable to strive to get the SERVICE/REPAIR MANUALS for most of the models of the canon machines. This well help you to learn the technical theories of these machines, learn more of terminologies used and it will put you at secure & sure footing when you are to repair or do troubleshooting on any of these the machines. Do not ignore the USER MANUALS as well, especially those of the network versions.
    Thank you for showing interest to learn.

MarkLesx
    Man thanks to you.

Teckat
    For answering me, with these information.

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
    For your good advice.

Mark

MarkLesx
    Just a little bush . .

Does the RAM on the DC controller PCB and RAM on the reader controller PCB still hold information when I turn the machine Off?

Isn't RAM content will cleared automatically when I turn the copier machine (like computer) and dosen't have any information till I turn the copier on?

Like what information will be hold in reader controller PCB & the DC controller PCB for Ex.?
    Thanks in adveace.

Sharing Canon  knowledge

If u clear RCON/DCON/MNCON- the original settings from Door specs or P-Print Data sheets & User Data sheets must be put back in-
    SRAM Retains the setup data of the service mode.
    Saves image data management information, service mode settings data, and user mode settings data saved on the HDD

The system software used to control the operation of the machine is stored on the HDD.
    When the machine is started up, the CPU on the main controller PCB reads the system software from the HDD into the image memory (DDR-SDRAM) of the main
    controller PCB for use as instructed by the boot program of the boot ROM.

Start-Up Sequence

<Boot Program Area>
    -Boot Program (interval 1)
    The boot program is executed by the CPU on the main controller PCB when the main power switch is turned on, making checks on the image memory (DDRSDRAM) and the HDD condition.
    An error code will be indicated if a fault is detected. If the check ends normally, the control program is read from the HDD to the memory.
    <Control Program Area>
    -Control Program 1 (interval 2)
    1.The individual devices (i.e., hardware components on the controller PCB) are checked and initialized.
    2.If the engine was not previously turned off appropriately (i.e., by performing its shut-down sequence), the system files are repaired as necessary. (The engine may
    need an extra time when starting up.)
    3.The individual program modules are initialized.
    -Control Program 2 (interval 3)
    1. The individual software modules are initialized, and the printer and screen configurations are established.
    2. The start-up sequence ends when the printer and scanner are correctly recognized.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharing Canon  knowledge

Teckat,
    Thank you for that explaination. I check these boards for info such as this. I have worked on Canons for a while now,
    and I basicly like the machines. Some models more than others. Right now I am having a problem with an IR 6020i.
    I will start a new post for the troubles I am having (E00061-0001 and a light band in the center of page in line with
    paper travel).

Thanks

DR

MarkLesx
    Many thanks to you Sir.

MarkLesx
    This is the last Terminologies:
    What is meant by:
    V-CONT
    Thank you very much.

Sharing Canon  knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLesx View Post
    This is the last Terminologies:
    What is meant by:
    V-CONT
    Thank you very much.

iR3200/3220/2620 and other Color models

<V-CONT>
    • VCONT-Y/M/C/K (Used to adjust electric potential for image contrast.)
    Adjustment range: –30 to 30 (10 V units) (Value at time of factory shipment/value after
    RAM clear: 0)
    The larger the setting value, the higher the density.
    Whenever possible, avoid using this setting during normal operation.
    • VBACK-Y/M/C/K (Used to adjust electric potential for removing image fog.)
    Adjustment range: Y/M –6 to 12 (5 V units) (Value at time of factory shipment/value
    after RAM clear: 0)
    C/K –12 to 6 (5 V units) (Value at time of factory shipment/value after
    RAM clear: 0)
    The larger the setting value, the more fog is reduced.
    Whenever possible, avoid using this setting during normal operation.