Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Switched email hosts - gmail not working!

Quote Originally Posted by bhiller View Post
    Well I talked to the salesman that sold the units to me and he's been working with me on this issue for a while. Apparently Gmail has to authenticate using TLS and this printer does not support that. Is there any other free email providers similar to Gmail that do not require the authentication and work well with Canon copiers?
    Free SMTP Server

click on link below

Free SMTP Server
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician 250+ Posts
    You sort of have the answer - but it is SSL that the iR1025iF does not support and so will not work with gmail. Even though you can change the ports, you do not have an option to select SSL for your connection. I cannot answer why not - Canon just says nope and do not plan for it.

Actually it is an issue with a number of the newer units. Would seem like it would only be a problem for the old stuff but nooooo. Not a nice look on customers faces when the salesman told them "latest greatest" and then I get there to configure it and say "no SSL".

We keep a list of known public "relay" SMTP servers - but 1) some e-mail servers will not accept from relays, and 2) your e-mails can be read as they are not encrypted.

Thanks for the help everyone! I will try and use an email address from our ISP for the 1025if. The iR3235 supports SSL right?

jputra

Re: Switched email hosts - gmail not working!

Has anyone had success with GMAIL hosting & the 1025if yet?

(just curious as thread seems to have died)

Thanks in Advance

Service Manager 50+ Posts Rakesh's Avatar

Unhappy Re: Switched email hosts - gmail not working!

Has anyone had success with GMAIL SMTP & the IR2525 (scan to mail) yet? i need help.

The following are the Gmail SMTP server and port settings for sending emails through Gmail from any email client program:

• Under Outgoing mail, set Gmail SMTP server address as smtp.gmail.com.
    • Configure Gmail SMTP user name as: your full Gmail address (including @gmail.com) Google Apps users may have to enter username@your_domain.com.
    • Configure Gmail SMTP password as: Your Gmail password.
    • Configure Gmail SMTP port as: 465 or 587.
    • Configure Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required as: yes.

If you tried configuring your SMTP server on port 465 (with SSL) and port 587 (with TLS), but are still having trouble sending emails, try configuring the SMTP server to use port 25 (with SSL). But make sure SSL is active for SMTP in your email client. Also ensure “allow authentication” is active for the SMTP server in your email client.
    Before using your Gmail Account as your SMTP server, make sure that you have enabled Gmail POP3 or Gmail IMAP through settings in your Gmail Account.

http://techblissonline.com/troubleshoot-gmail-smtp-server-connection/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gmail service providers require email clients (for example Outlook Express) to authenticate via SMTP port 465 with secure communication (SSL).

The issue is when the exact same configuration information is transferred from email clients to Canon devices, customers cannot send email. The result is error code #839.
    The reason for this is Canon devices do not work when port 465 is used for SMTP transmission.
    Port 587 has to be configured on the machine for send via e-mail to work.

To resolve the issue, SMTPTXPN option has to be changed in Service Mode level 2 to 587 and Canon devices must be configured to authenticate via SMTP with SSL enabled.
    - Access Service Mode level 1 by pressing Additional Functions, - 2 and 8
    - Access Service Mode Level 2 by pressing Additional Functions - Additional Functions - 2.
    - Once you are in Service Mode level 2, select Copier > Option > Body > SMTPTXPN, enter 587
    - Select OK and recycle the machine to apply the change.

After machine recycle, select Additional Functions > System Settings > Network Settings > Email/I-Fax.
    - Depending on which service providers you have, enter smtp.att.yahoo.com or smtp.gmail.com for SMTP server
    - Enter a valid user e-mail account for E-mail Address.
    - Select Authent./Encryption > SMTP Authentication (SMTP AUTH) - On
    - Set Allow SSL (SMTP Send) On.
    - Select OK to apply the changes.
    - Access Network Settings and make sure IP address, Gateway, DNS settings are correctly entered. (These information can be obtained by using a customer's networked PC nearby, access the command line, enter ipconfig /all.)
    - Restart the Canon device and start sending e-mail once it is Idle.

Smile Re: Switched email hosts - gmail not working!

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    The following are the Gmail SMTP server and port settings for sending emails through Gmail from any email client program:

• Under Outgoing mail, set Gmail SMTP server address as smtp.gmail.com.
    • Configure Gmail SMTP user name as: your full Gmail address (including @gmail.com) Google Apps users may have to enter username@your_domain.com.
    • Configure Gmail SMTP password as: Your Gmail password.
    • Configure Gmail SMTP port as: 465 or 587.
    • Configure Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required as: yes.

If you tried configuring your SMTP server on port 465 (with SSL) and port 587 (with TLS), but are still having trouble sending emails, try configuring the SMTP server to use port 25 (with SSL). But make sure SSL is active for SMTP in your email client. Also ensure “allow authentication” is active for the SMTP server in your email client.
    Before using your Gmail Account as your SMTP server, make sure that you have enabled Gmail POP3 or Gmail IMAP through settings in your Gmail Account.

http://techblissonline.com/troubleshoot-gmail-smtp-server-connection/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gmail service providers require email clients (for example Outlook Express) to authenticate via SMTP port 465 with secure communication (SSL).

The issue is when the exact same configuration information is transferred from email clients to Canon devices, customers cannot send email. The result is error code #839.
    The reason for this is Canon devices do not work when port 465 is used for SMTP transmission.
    Port 587 has to be configured on the machine for send via e-mail to work.

To resolve the issue, SMTPTXPN option has to be changed in Service Mode level 2 to 587 and Canon devices must be configured to authenticate via SMTP with SSL enabled.
    - Access Service Mode level 1 by pressing Additional Functions, - 2 and 8
    - Access Service Mode Level 2 by pressing Additional Functions - Additional Functions - 2.
    - Once you are in Service Mode level 2, select Copier > Option > Body > SMTPTXPN, enter 587
    - Select OK and recycle the machine to apply the change.

After machine recycle, select Additional Functions > System Settings > Network Settings > Email/I-Fax.
    - Depending on which service providers you have, enter smtp.att.yahoo.com or smtp.gmail.com for SMTP server
    - Enter a valid user e-mail account for E-mail Address.
    - Select Authent./Encryption > SMTP Authentication (SMTP AUTH) - On
    - Set Allow SSL (SMTP Send) On.
    - Select OK to apply the changes.
    - Access Network Settings and make sure IP address, Gateway, DNS settings are correctly entered. (These information can be obtained by using a customer's networked PC nearby, access the command line, enter ipconfig /all.)
    - Restart the Canon device and start sending e-mail once it is Idle.

thank you very much for guide. but i solved my problem by just upgrading the firmware through UST...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh View Post
    thank you very much for guide. but i solved my problem by just upgrading the firmware through UST...
    Has anyone had success with GMAIL SMTP & the IR2525 (scan to mail) yet? i need help.
    good find, but>>>>

what does firmware upgrade with UST have to do with your GMAIL SMTP/set up

In iR2525 SSL option get activates after firmware update. (WLab7005).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    View Life As A Continuous Learning Experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh View Post
    In iR2525 SSL option get activates after firmware update. (WLab7005).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

kool