Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

IR 2010f DV assy.

Went to look at a IR 2010F where complaint was CQ. First time I've seen one of these. Not too familiar with Canon, mostly the IR 1023s and older models. Copy is streaky, not lines in the copy, but the image is not solid, light and dark. Looked at the drum looks OK. However, the DV mag roller does not have solid toner across it, and if you wipe the toner off, there are scratches on the mag roller. Machine has just under 100K. Is the DV assy readily available? Is this about the volume it should be replaced? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.... Jeff M.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    FG6-8413-000 is the part number you need, developers line out on all the low end copiers all too soon. Whether the developer is at that magical number that the Canon prognosticators predicted for it is a moot point. You will need to replace it to rid the copier of the in-track voids/light bands in the copies...

hi..i've seen this before i replaced the old toner with fresh one after cleaning the entire developer assembly..otherwise you would check the charging roller transfer&primary..also check the two leaf spring contacts to the left side cover
    i hope this help......

Thanks, mrfixit51. I figured I would have to replace DV assy. Can you recommend a good source for Canon parts? Mostly deal w/Kyocera, Sharp and Toshiba, rarely with Canon. I'm in the Northeast. Thanks.....
    montana: I thought about cleaning out the DV assy and replacing the toner, but upon a closer look, the DV mag roller is scratched with lines, so I don't believe cleaning it would help. Thanks..... Jeff M.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    I work for a Canon Certified dealer, so I do not source parts from any other vendors. I believe Precision Roller is a reputable Canon parts supplier. I discovered them while trying to figure out what some part numbers were on an inventory I was attempting to complete. They have a lot of the parts listed with pictures which aided me, also cross reference numbers to all the models that use that part number.

Good luck with your replacement. I hate working on those low end devices that pretend to be a copier, when in fact they are really fax machines that can copy...